University

FeedTheGoat10 said:
Not sure if this belongs in off-topic, mods please move if you think it's more suited to there.

I'm hoping to go Uni next year providing I get decent grades and won't end up in United-esque debt, and I obviously don't want to miss out on what will be an important few years for the club. Hopefully I'll get in at a university like Manchester or Liverpool and getting to matches won't be an issue, but I can't see it working if I have a season ticket and I'm living down south, without a car and without loads of spare money for trains and what not.

So I've got two questions:
1) If I don't renew my season ticket the season after next, will I be moved to the back of the queue of the waiting list when I come back and reapply, and will my loyalty points be wiped off?

2) Has anyone else been to a Uni that's far away from Manchester (or are there any season ticket holders on here who live a good distance away) and been able to manage going to all home matches and quite a few aways?

Another alternative would be for a mate to use my seasoncard, but that's not guaranteed. Cheers blues

what will happen if you don’t renew your season ticket is your account with go inactive and then when you come back from uni or when you want to get your season ticket back is just tell them you where a season ticket holder and they will reactivate your old account so you can keep your loyalty points from what your had then. Hope that helps.

squirtyflower said:
ALL OUR LIVES said:
squirtyflower said:
i know what i'm talking about here
i went to uni and kept my seasoncard!

I'll raise you.

Went to University and got to see oodles of games and kept my season ticket "Regular" ........remember that.

Oh yeah....dead soz lads but it's a barm.
raise you further
kept my season ticket regular through FOUR years at uni
then worked in manchester but had to move away but
kept if for three years whilst working away

barms are for yorkies, not lancies

I feel like I have a winning hand here so ALL IN.

Five years Uni regular season ticket holder ( including placement year ) plus 1 year away in Oz.....kept it going. Total consecutive years booing City.....34 years.

Yorkies ??? irrelevant since WOTR.....Blueberries go in muffins and chips go on a BARM.

What you holding Squirty ?

ALL OUR LIVES said:
squirtyflower said:
ALL OUR LIVES said:
I'll raise you.

Went to University and got to see oodles of games and kept my season ticket "Regular" ........remember that.

Oh yeah....dead soz lads but it's a barm.
raise you further

Five years Uni regular season ticket holder ( including placement year ) plus 1 year away in Oz.....kept it going. Total consecutive years booing City.....34 years.

Yorkies ??? irrelevant since WOTR.....Blueberries go in muffins and chips go on a BARM.

see you with
been going to city since 64
season ticket holder since 72
uni for four years 77-81
cup final + replay in final year and during finals!

three kids city supporters
worked away for three years, never missed a home game unless on holiday

now three kids at uni, all with seasoncards, and the government aint fuckin payin for them!

ps, yanks put blueberries in cakes and called them muffins

but GH Sheldon's Lancashire oven bottom muffins taste good with sausage or bacon or chips on them

squirtyflower said:
ALL OUR LIVES said:
squirtyflower said:
raise you further

see you with
uni for four years 77-81

now three kids at uni, all with seasoncards, and the government aint fuckin payin for them!

but GH Sheldon's Lancashire oven bottom muffins taste good with sausage or bacon or chips on them

Have it but it's a BARM .........shit bag ;)

ALL OUR LIVES said:
squirtyflower said:
ALL OUR LIVES said:

see you with
uni for four years 77-81

i try not to fall asleep on trains

squirtyflower said:
ALL OUR LIVES said:
squirtyflower said:
see you with
uni for four years 77-81

i try not to fall asleep on trains

Tiz the first time I have locked horns with you Squirty. You are indeed a worthy opponent and the victory is yours.
Next time I shall use the element of surprise to defeat your muffin lovin ass.

I'm at Manchester uni and it works so perfectly its untrue! Citeh was the main reason I chose Manchester if I'm honest, at the end of the day - my MCFC comes first! haha.

Just keep your fingers crossed you get the grades for Manchester buddy! ;)

I kept mine through three years (Hull College)

two hour train journey to manc and back on a young persons railcard every 2 or so weeks, cost 30 odd quid but worth it. Managed most home games and a fair few aways too.

The first year was that horrible stuart pearce season though, I only made about 10 of the games, but we all know why!!

The question is simply which do you value more (depending on how high your income is)?

1. A season ticket, guarenteed tickets for the derby and other big games including the CL. Would you regret it waking up on a Saturday morning knowing your watching big games on TV?

2. Instead of going out at Uni 2-4 times a week, you may have to half that.

At the end of the day, most people at Uni are skint anyway come the end of the year. Do you want to be skint cos of City drinking an excessive amount of alcohol or do you want to be skint cos of Uni drinking an excessive amount of alcohol.

Im sure this hasn't helped one bit but there you go.

The thing with University is there are people from all over the country at them and they're all skint/tight. If you stick up notices on boards and stuff you will get lifts and share fuel costs to most places with folk nipping home for the weekend or visiting mates.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.