University

Dickov's Right Foot said:
I'm at Manchester uni and it works so perfectly its untrue! Citeh was the main reason I chose Manchester if I'm honest, at the end of the day - my MCFC comes first! haha.

Just keep your fingers crossed you get the grades for Manchester buddy! ;)

Same here. My family moved away from Manc when I was small so my choice of uni was very simple. Only missed one home game and I have been to a fair few aways too. What course are you on mate?

goat867 said:
Dickov's Right Foot said:
I'm at Manchester uni and it works so perfectly its untrue! Citeh was the main reason I chose Manchester if I'm honest, at the end of the day - my MCFC comes first! haha.

Just keep your fingers crossed you get the grades for Manchester buddy! ;)

Same here. My family moved away from Manc when I was small so my choice of uni was very simple. Only missed one home game and I have been to a fair few aways too. What course are you on mate?

I'm only from Cheshire, but wasn't too keen on moving further away than I already was - instead I was adamant I was going to be closer to Manchester. I'm doing French mate, 1st year. You?

Manchester la la la la said:
I kept mine through three years (Hull College)

two hour train journey to manc and back on a young persons railcard every 2 or so weeks, cost 30 odd quid but worth it. Managed most home games and a fair few aways too.

The first year was that horrible stuart pearce season though, I only made about 10 of the games, but we all know why!!

Ah, Hull College, right up there with Cambridge, Harvard and the Sorbonne!!! lol ;-)

So I've got two questions:
1) If I don't renew my season ticket the season after next, will I be moved to the back of the queue of the waiting list when I come back and reapply, and will my loyalty points be wiped off?

2) Has anyone else been to a Uni that's far away from Manchester (or are there any season ticket holders on here who live a good distance away) and been able to manage going to all home matches and quite a few aways?

1 - had a friend do this, still waiting

2 - went Aberystwyth Uni, 4 hours train journey each way, 3 by car... moved to Plymouth with the lass while she studied there, 6 hours each way by train... off to Norwich next season... not a clue how/if!!!

Sheffield is a good choice if you get the chance. My daughter is finishing her first year and its dirt cheap to get to and from if you book a week or so in front - anything from 3 quid to 12. Good fun on the platform with fellow blues but as said previously dont have a kip. Just renewed her ticket and was going to do the gold and not get cup tickets for her, but thought sod it.

As for the barm/muffin thing - I'm cosmopolitan being from Rusholme and I have mine on white toasting bread - chip butty - christ I'm hungry -barms are more recent - miffins are foreign/southern

Never mind City, I was in Cambridge and you can forget about chip barms, or muffins or whatever the fuck you want to call them, the closest I could get was chips in pitta bread.
First week I was there I asked for chips and gravy, they looked atme as if I had three heads, in sainsburys I asked a chap where the Vimto was and was told that all the alcoholic drinks where in the next aisle.
But the university had a supporters club, who regularly organised trips, this may be something you want to check out, try ringing the students unions of your chosen universities, but as others have said on here, you will keep your loyalty points, and or a few years, your education is more important IMO.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.