Unlikely City fans

I must make it clear that it wasn’t myself who bumped into Mike Pickering whilst avoiding a hoofing from some Forest droogs.

The story is that Rob Gretton met Mike Pickering under those lairy circumstances. Think I read it in one of those Factory records books, or maybe an ancient NME.

From addled memory, the match in question was an FA Cup defeat in 1974.
Don’t worry, mate. I know the story!

As an aside, when they made 24 Hour Party People, they filed that very scene but it was never used.

I was supposed to be an extra bit stayed in bed with the previous night’s “conquest”.

Do you know what City Hobgoblins was written about?

I must make it clear that it wasn’t myself who bumped into Mike Pickering whilst avoiding a hoofing from some Forest droogs.

The story is that Rob Gretton met Mike Pickering under those lairy circumstances. Think I read it in one of those Factory records books, or maybe an ancient NME.

From addled memory, the match in question was an FA Cup defeat in 1974.
That match in 74 was a match and a half.
Known in Notts as 'The Duncan Mckenzie game.'.I was talking to a forest fan in Derbyshire yesterday about it.Lots of things happened that day ..on and off the pitch..

RIP Gilly. Only 44 years old...fucking sad.

Got a good list of musicians as blues

Noel and Liam
Guigsy (Oasis)
Johnny Marr
Mark E Smith
Ian Curtis
Mike Pickering
Reni
Jim Glennie (James)
Craig Gill and Stephen Holt (Inspirals) :(
Billy Duffy (Cult)
Doves
Tom Ogden and Joe (Blossoms)
Jack Mitchell (Drummer for Johnny Marr)
Cian (Super Furry Animals)
Badly Drawn Boy
Mark Burgess (The Chameleons)

You've missed Mark Day, legendary guitarist with the Mondays. I know the rest are rags (apart from Shaun who hates footy) though.

Adio Marchant (AKA Bipolar Sunshine) Formally with Kid British.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.