Unlikely City fans

Not obviously claiming as a City fan but in approx 1986 ish (or there abouts) i had my season ticket in the main stand and at most home games gordon strachan was there. He’d fallen out with the hard shoulder shitter at the time and wasnt in the scum squad so seemingly watched us instead

fuck knows why, we were dreadful. We HAD to watch it … but he chose to. Weird

Not obviously claiming as a City fan but in approx 1986 ish (or there abouts) i had my season ticket in the main stand and at most home games gordon strachan was there. He’d fallen out with the hard shoulder shitter at the time and wasnt in the scum squad so seemingly watched us instead

fuck knows why, we were dreadful. We HAD to watch it … but he chose to. Weird
That's an example of the power of the free ticket and entrance to the players lounge.

Yeah I think it is his son who actually supports City iirc but saw Wakeman at a few London aways back in the day
He's definitely a City fan. I used to live near him in Norfolk and chatted with him regularly at a local weekly auction.

I lost out to him on quite a few (usually garden items) lots over the years, and he used to plead poverty complaining that bidders were just 'bidding up his price' thinking he was rich.

He's a top bloke, keeps himself to himself and definitely plays up to the grumpy old bugger image when he doesn't want to be hassled!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.