Unlocking Iphone to use on other networks? advice please :)

mcfcmatt

I'm sure some wise person from this forum can help another Blue out with some tech advice?
I'm wanting to unlock my iphone 3gs which is on O2 so I can let my Mum have it as her phone is bust and she is miles away from an upgrade. She is on Orange. Does anyone know how I can unlock this for free or paying and how to do it or recommend somewhere that does?
It's on version 5.1 (9B176).

Cheers for any help

Just go to carfone whare house and ask just got a new 4s they trasfered all my data and stuff for free, not with them just looked stuipid and asked, before you ask i'm bloody good at stuipid.

I'm not with them either though mate, getting my upgrade direct from O2 and I don't think places like carphone warehouse do unlocking of phones? someone can correct me if I'm wrong but I'm 99% certain they don't do it?.

Robbiejd said:
Just do what everyone else does and google it

I've tried that and just get a load of online companies offering paid for service, but the ones I looked at don't support the version of iphone I'm on. I've tried that route already of course.

ETA like an instant online service I get from google but not supporting my version?

Robbiejd said:

This ^^ there are hundreds of sites that explain what you need to do in clear concise instructions.

If you still feel insure i suggest getting someone else to do it bud.

Don't know for sure, but go in ask chances are they will put you in the right direction or some bright spark in here may sort you out. Ps I'm not a cpw rep like i said just went in out of the BLUE

TCIB said:
Robbiejd said:

This ^^ there are hundreds of sites that explain what you need to do in clear concise instructions.

If you still feel insure i suggest getting someone else to do it bud.

Yup mate as I've tried to explain above I've gone down that route and I'm hitting a wall with the version?<br /><br />-- Thu May 03, 2012 9:48 pm --<br /><br />
andyhinch said:
Don't know for sure, but go in ask chances are they will put you in the right direction or some bright spark in here may sort you out. Ps I'm not a cpw rep like i said just went in out of the BLUE

Hopefully some bright spark will come to my aid, I'm not daft just unsure about the process and version I'm on.

Cheers for the reply :)

Try YouTube, there's a guys channel called everythingapplepro, make sure you type it all as one. I used his videos to jailbreak my iPhone and get lots of different hacks etc from Cydia. His channel might have a video that will help you

I wasn't sure how myself or wasn't 100% confident so took it to a random mobile shop a couple of weeks ago. They did it for £20 unlocked from voda for orange.

Dunno what they did but it's got cydia installed on it now.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.