Unsourced Transfer Gossip [Merged]

Re: Which star will the next 50 page thread be about?

shaundickov said:
First Kaka, then Villa.....

Who's next?

It's pissing me off.

I just want to go after someone who actually really wants to sign for us, not one we have to spend weeks convincing but one who when asked " do you want to join us" answers....." too f**king right i do, where do i sign"

Re: call me mr cynical

Bombo said:
We are signing eto'o, tevez and terry! 30,000 of us rush out and buy season tickets. Suprise, suprise they all fall through when our credit cards have been swiped and we end up with dean Ashton, chris samba and tugay.
Anyone remember many years ago we were supposed to sign john barnes in his prime, we ended up with Wayne Clarke. Season ticket sales had increased though on the strength of the rumour and it was said then that at least we were being linked with such players.
Well fuck being linked with them let's actually sign them.
Typical city eh mr. Cook.

I rush to buy season ticket every year and have done for too many yeasrs to remember. I buy my ticket because I support Man City not because of who we bought that season.........YOU ARE AN IDIOT!!!!!

Re: call me mr cynical

Bombo said:
kramer said:
Bombo said:
Spindash said:
Why would you base your season ticket-purchasing on who we signed?
I haven't but your not telling me the transfer rumours haven't encouraged many who may have lapsed their support over the last few years to come back to the fold.

Would be prepared to accept your theory, but not necessarily agree, if our owner wasn't minted. Before starting a thread you should think about if it makes any sense what difference would it make to the sales and the income from the difference is small change to him thats why you are thinking nonsense

Did think about that but it's maybe not for the season ticket money, but more for the kudos of a full stadium. My whole post was more aimed at cook saying the other day he didn't want to hear the typical city phrase anymore. Well for me our transfer efforts since he has been here sum up typical city just as much as any of the teams performances on the pitch. And the eto'o saga reminded me of the john barnes one all those years ago.
Fair enough But cant equate it ti the JB one We made a serious bid to sign one of the best forwards in the world from one of the top clubs in the world and if they are to be believed the bids and the deal for the player were accepted, then the player saw his arse with the club over the cash they were getting in his last year. We then gave them a deadline but OUR top international business chairman (KM) lost patience and pulled the plug Compared to Reid asking for some cash from the transfer kitty that Swales had said we had, which we didn't because he couldn't borrow anymore. This eventually led to the manager loosing his job because he was going to go public on the lack of cash. So no there is no way IMHO that there was any thought in GC's head about increasing ST sales for what ever reason be it a full stadium or cash

Re: Which star will the next 50 page thread be about?

tolmie's hairdoo said:
DIEGO FORLAN, for all the wrong reasons!

Sparky is a really big fan...

I didn't realise Forlan is 30 years old, too old to be paying big money for.

Re: Smokescreen

Lomas has a lob on said:
Quinninho said:
Ajay said:
No smokescreen, people within the club are very dissappointed with Eto and his agent - we gave them 3 different deadlines and only the last was made pucblic - why: to make it known to the wider world that we meant business and show Eto he had one last chance!

So no smokescreen but now we can move on and conclude other targets.

In my humble opinion this has been a great piece of work by City, yes we may get the odd negative comment but in all let us remember that Eto neve said he did not want to join us - we told him that we have ended our interest!

Strange but today I am very proud of the club.

Ajay, I posted something similar last night. I think gary Cook has given himself some serious kudos and i for one am delighted that we pulled out with our dignity still in tact.

Also, this also says to me that Tevez is a definite. If there was any doubt then we would have pulled the plug. GC will never allow us to look as naiive as we did with Kakagate.

Other clubs will now sit up and take note. Skeik Mansoor said we wouldnt pay ridiculous pices and he is a man of his word here. clubs will know that offers will no longer be left on the table and any idea that other clubs had regarding how desperate we are to secure top quality players will now think differently.

Well done GC.

CTID
2 great posts lads, i agree entirely. im very proud of how we,ve been conducting ourselves lately, well done city!

Hope its right that Tevez is definite - however, I am wondering if KJ / Tevez are also giving us the runaround and City's dumping Eto'o is also aimed at getting a message across to the Tevez camp - the Eto'o action then kills two birds with one stone.....?

Re: Smokescreen

bluejue said:
Lomas has a lob on said:
Quinninho said:
Ajay said:
No smokescreen, people within the club are very dissappointed with Eto and his agent - we gave them 3 different deadlines and only the last was made pucblic - why: to make it known to the wider world that we meant business and show Eto he had one last chance!

So no smokescreen but now we can move on and conclude other targets.

In my humble opinion this has been a great piece of work by City, yes we may get the odd negative comment but in all let us remember that Eto neve said he did not want to join us - we told him that we have ended our interest!

Strange but today I am very proud of the club.

Ajay, I posted something similar last night. I think gary Cook has given himself some serious kudos and i for one am delighted that we pulled out with our dignity still in tact.

Also, this also says to me that Tevez is a definite. If there was any doubt then we would have pulled the plug. GC will never allow us to look as naiive as we did with Kakagate.

Other clubs will now sit up and take note. Skeik Mansoor said we wouldnt pay ridiculous pices and he is a man of his word here. clubs will know that offers will no longer be left on the table and any idea that other clubs had regarding how desperate we are to secure top quality players will now think differently.

Well done GC.

CTID
2 great posts lads, i agree entirely. im very proud of how we,ve been conducting ourselves lately, well done city!

Hope its right that Tevez is definite - however, I am wondering if KJ / Tevez are also giving us the runaround and City's dumping Eto'o is also aimed at getting a message across to the Tevez camp - the Eto'o action then kills two birds with one stone.....?

Maybe, i still think Tevez will sign for us but i don't think it's the 100% fact that some seem to think, all it would take is one of the 'bigger' clubs to show an interest & i think KJ would be off for talks in a millisecond

just to piss chlesea off even more

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12876_5424976,00.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12876_5424976,00.html</a>

we should sign there best young player for next to nothing i admit i dont know alot about him but i say we play them at there own game haha hope the link worked but ive never done it before lol

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.