**UPDATe new art piece PAGE 12** fave Iconic City Image...My Old Man has started doing 'City Art'

kp789

So my old man has started drawing again recently as a hobby and it after feedback from family and friends and some people on his twitter, it has snowballed a little bit and he has started to sell a few pieces.

He has done mainly done some of his musical influences such as David Bowie and Neil Young, but last night he decided to do one of the iconic Bert Trautman in charcoal and I thought it looked half decent (Ill post it below) He put it on twitter and he got a response from the clubs official twitter which he was pretty chuffed about. He started to think he should perhaps do a few more City related ones as fan and asked my advice for some inspiration.

I suggested the obvious:

30tow8w.jpg

But I said I would post on bluemoon to see what people thought would look good in pencil, pastel or indeed charcoal. So it is put to you the floor! Anyone got any ideas or iconic city images that they could suggest for him to draw!

If he does any of the suggestions, ill post them on here for you guys to see. So, any ideas!!!!

For anyone whos interested, here is the one he did of Trautman. Most of his other work (not city related) is on his site http://www.kirkandrewsart.com/
5xpn4o.jpg

So my old man has started drawing again recently as a hobby and it after feedback from family and friends and some people on his twitter, it has snowballed a little bit and he has started to sell a few pieces. He has done mainly done some of his musical influences such as David Bowie and Neil Young, but last night he decided to do one of the iconic Bert Trautman in charcoal and I thought it looked half decent (Ill post it below) He put it on twitter and he got a response from the clubs official twitter which he was pretty chuffed about. He started to think he should perhaps do a few more City related ones as fan and asked my advice for some inspiration. I suggested the obvious:
30tow8w.jpg
But I said I would post on bluemoon to see what people thought would look good in pencil, pastel or indeed charcoal. So it is put to you the floor! Anyone got any ideas or iconic city images that they could suggest for him to draw! If he does any of the suggestions, ill post them on here for you guys to see. So, any ideas!!!! For anyone whos interested, here is the one he did of Trautman. Most of his other work (not city related) is on his site http://www.kirkandrewsart.com/
5xpn4o.jpg

The most iconic pictures for me would be the Daily Mirror pic of Franci Lee celebrating with the fans at Newcastle when we won the league.

Ian bishop being lifted into the air by Paul Lake, fist clenched, after scoring the third against United in the 5-1.

Dennis Tueart in mid somersault scoring the winner against Newcastle in the 76 League Cup Final.

Kompany wheeling away in celebration after scoring against United in the 1-0 victory.

Also Bert being congratulated after the cup final while he rubs his neck gingerly.

Last edited:
Helen with her "bell" and Pete the geezer with all the badges, scarf's and vinyl City bag. Legend status as far as fans go.

In the modern era I'd go with the Dickov photo because without that goal we may have ended up like Leeds, Wednesday or Forest all great clubs struggling to find their way back to the big time.

For me it's a toss up between Aguero swinging his shirt around his head, or Steve Lomas getting a little over excited about scoring.

Trautman holding his neck at Wembley whilst collecting his Winner's Medal.
Doyle surrounded by thousands of rag pitch invaders, whilst indulging in a little smirk.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.