Urawa Red Diamonds (N) | CWC Semi-Final | Pre-Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I appreciate it’s another trophy. A trophy City haven’t won yet. But it’s a load of bollocks. Even more so now the Saudis have been invited to take part via a money no object wildcard. Saying that, if I could get the time off work, and if I had the money, I’d probably go, just to say I went, and to see Jeddah.

I appreciate it’s another trophy. A trophy City haven’t won yet. But it’s a load of bollocks. Even more so now the Saudis have been invited to take part via a money no object wildcard. Saying that, if I could get the time off work, and if I had the money, I’d probably go, just to say I went, and to see Jeddah.
The host country has had an entrant take part for many years now. They've just not previously had the likes of Benzema, Kante, etc.

Not really a wildcard they qualify as hosts exactly the same way it works in the World Cup.

By 2025 when the tournament is expanded, the prize money will surpass the Champions League.

It will matter everywhere in 2 years time. At the moment it matters less in Europe than the rest of the World but the teams still want to win it. The standard can’t compare to the CL right now but that might change in two years time with 32 teams in it including many teams from Europe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.