Urawa Red Diamonds (N) | CWC Semi-Final | Pre-Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
actually, saudi arabia changed a lot lately; believe me; about women's right etc, they are getting ahead of us (turkey). probably you ll buy beer in fanzones (thats what happened in 'Qatar'') maybe some top class hotels...dont know.
Not a chance they will have alcoholic drinks for sale.

Maybe some wine the Aussies have made back at the compound. Qatar is nothing like Saudi.

I'd just been replying the same.

United and Liverpool are pretty much locked in. Not sure Liverpool can drop out even if they crash out of the Europa without a win, and United are unlikely to drop out of the top 12 teams in Europe. Curiously, United got their best points recently for failing in the CL, but then reaching the final of the EL!
Actually I was wrong, there's a limit to 2 teams per association excepting winners of the CL.

:(

I'd just been replying the same.

United and Liverpool are pretty much locked in. Not sure Liverpool can drop out even if they crash out of the Europa without a win, and United are unlikely to drop out of the top 12 teams in Europe. Curiously, United got their best points recently for failing in the CL, but then reaching the final of the EL!
2 team limit per association negates that. Uefa are against the format as it stands so not worth predicting anything, or even finding a venue whilst it is pie in the sky.

Maybe some wine the Aussies have made back at the compound. Qatar is nothing like Saudi.
yeah, probably you are right. dont know...

It's a good thing that Saudi are aligning themselves to a more western outlook, I think it's in all our interests that we embrace them. They've got plenty of money to burn, football wants it's cut of it.

Wouldn’t go to Saudi if they put me up at the Hilton Mecca and a first class flight,cheeky bastards a week before Christmas

but check this, maybe they may make exceptions for the game.

Last year the Wall Street Journal reported that Saudi Arabia is planning to allow a beach resort in its megaproject Neom to serve alcohol.

Scheduled to open as soon as this year, the beach resort on Red Sea’s Sindalah island is expected to offer a premium wine bar, a separate cocktail bar, and a bar for “champagne and desserts,” WSJ reported, citing documents dated January.

This tournament was held in Abu Dhabi for couple of years and now it will be hosted in Saudi Arabia, the year that we won the damn Champions League!

What a shame!

I'll still try and attend :)

Yes it did. A one off match but Domalino, who is no doubt a wonderful bloke in real life, has to be the awkward buger on here.
It was a one off match not a 2 week, 126 match event sponsored by Coca Cola held in a country that paid the most, in a brown bag, (an envelope was too small) and no stadiums or pitches and kick offs will be at 2am to ensure the largest television audience.

You're raging against a competition that doesn't exist and a competition that existed for decades.

We're playing 2 games over 3 or 4 days. Maybe in the future, FIFA will move it to a bigger once every-4-years event, but they've been trying for 4 years now and it's not happened yet because the clubs haven't signed off. So why are you getting worked up about a tournament that we're not in yet and has never happened?

At the same time, the cup you're reminiscing about was the TOYOTA Intercontinental cup, and was hosted in Tokyo - I don't know how to break it to you but it was because TOYOTA and Japan paid the most money, and the games kicked off at 7.10pm in Japan to maximise world audiences.

Oh and it wasn't a one off match! The first 20 had 2 legs and some went to a 3rd playoff leg.

Really which one of us is being awkward? The guy who's excited for a new competition for us to win, and happy for us to go through what every other club for the last 20 years has gone through, or the one who's getting mad at a potential future tournament, while forgetting the old version he liked was exactly like the new one he hates.

We've qualified for the first time, just enjoy it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.