Us and Them

<a class="postlink" href="https://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=117473058308676" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">https://www.facebook.com/video/video.ph ... 3058308676</a>

this video is from Everton v United from 2010 and at around the 1.50 mark when Pienaar scores van der saar grabs a hold of his legs to stop him from celebrating. I've seen them do it several times since and it just sums the classless bastards up for me. (sorry it's on fb, for some reason I can't find it on youtube)

Someone said we didn't antagonise the reds when we beat them 6-1,by celebrating in front of their supporters that's because they'd fucked off home.
I've got mates that are reds and they are by and large quiet as they are aware they scraped in,and while they are occupied in Europe we can concentrate on the league.
Comparing us to them is like comparing apples and oranges,we're poles apart but people presume we're somehow related.

Just a few years ago we were " Ickle City" the joke club.
Now , they can't wait to spit their bile and venom at us.
That tells you all you need to know!

Bodicoteblue said:

Of course there is a different perspective now to a few years ago.

Lets be honest, a few years ago, the chances of City winning the league were as remote as finding rocking horse shit on the moon. You were, and I mean this with great sincerity, a mediocre team. One that didn't really threaten our domination of the game. Yes you were local rivals, but you never appeared on our radar as a team that could potentially take away our position as the most dominant force. Derby day was a mater of local pride. If we lost it didn't really matter because at the end of the season it wouldn't make too much difference. Winning gave us local bragging rights, and thats about it. Now its far more important. Derby day brings a whole new scenario to the table because if you win the Derby ( like you did last season at the council house ( sorry I couldn't resist that one ) then it can have a huge effect on who wins the league title.

Teams like Arsenal, Chelsea and Liverpool were the teams that caused us the biggest headaches. Arsenal in fact became the target of most of our venom, because of all the teams in the last 20 years, they are the ones who have really got under our skin. The period between 1998 and 2005 was simply us versus them. Two team battling it out.

So whilst you had local rivalry, there was little about City that really got us running scared.

Now however, you have hte best team you've had since 1968, and the standard of the two teams has never been as close as it is now. You are a seriously good team, and one that could cause us the same amount of problems that Arsenal did.

The fact we now are targetting you as our main rivals is in fact a compliment to yourselves, because its proof of how far you've come in the past few seasons, and if you want the real truth, you've got us running scared. Chelsea were a temporary irritation, Arsenal were an annoyance. I can see City being a complete pain in the arse to United. Far more than the others ( barring Liverpool ) could ever be.

Though many reds will refuse to admit it, you're gaining some respect from us at last, and some would call it "you've got us running scared"..

pokerjokerz said:
Bodicoteblue said:

Lets be honest, a few years ago, the chances of City winning the league were as remote as finding rocking horse shit on the moon. You were, and I mean this with great sincerity, a mediocre team. One that didn't really threaten our domination of the game. Yes you were local rivals, but you never appeared on our radar as a team that could potentially take away our position as the most dominant force. Derby day was a mater of local pride. If we lost it didn't really matter because at the end of the season it wouldn't make too much difference. Winning gave us local bragging rights, and thats about it. Now its far more important. Derby day brings a whole new scenario to the table because if you win the Derby ( like you did last season at the council house ( sorry I couldn't resist that one ) then it can have a huge effect on who wins the league title.

Teams like Arsenal, Chelsea and Liverpool were the teams that caused us the biggest headaches. Arsenal in fact became the target of most of our venom, because of all the teams in the last 20 years, they are the ones who have really got under our skin. The period between 1998 and 2005 was simply us versus them. Two team battling it out.

So whilst you had local rivalry, there was little about City that really got us running scared.

Now however, you have hte best team you've had since 1968, and the standard of the two teams has never been as close as it is now. You are a seriously good team, and one that could cause us the same amount of problems that Arsenal did.

The fact we now are targetting you as our main rivals is in fact a compliment to yourselves, because its proof of how far you've come in the past few seasons, and if you want the real truth, you've got us running scared. Chelsea were a temporary irritation, Arsenal were an annoyance. I can see City being a complete pain in the arse to United. Far more than the others ( barring Liverpool ) could ever be.

Though many reds will refuse to admit it, you're gaining some respect from us at last, and some would call it "you've got us running scared"..

Some fair points in here.
I thought that at the end of the game there over the top celebration was a compliment. Yes, they had just won in the last minute but that was akin to us celebrating in May. That said, it will make it all the sweeter if we can overturn the 6 points - If it does not get any bigger I think we may well do by the way.

newenglandblue said:
pokerjokerz said:
Bodicoteblue said:

Some fair points in here.
I thought that at the end of the game there over the top celebration was a compliment. Yes, they had just won in the last minute but that was akin to us celebrating in May. That said, it will make it all the sweeter if we can overturn the 6 points - If it does not get any bigger I think we may well do by the way.

its far too early to tell, and being honest neither side is firing on all cylinders recently. In fact, I would go so far as to say that United and City have looked ropey in the last few weeks.

Defensively you are pretty solid, but prone to attacks down the flank and teams are exploiting that. United however are weak defensively full stop, but our firepower up front means that whilst we concede more, we are also more capable of scoring. I think Van Persie has added a new dimension to our attack, and it gives Rooney more space to play.

There is still a long way to go, and alot can happen. We struggle against teams that we would normally be expected to demolish but pull out results against the bigger teams. You however win the games you would expect to win but struggle against the higher placed teams. Liverpool being a classic example. You were gifted a 2-2 draw when in truth a defeat would have been a more deserving result.

I very much doubt that there will be more than 4 points in it either way at the end of the season. I cannot see Chelsea being close to either of us, and beneath them there is no real challenge, so I'm going for a straight all out battle between us and yourselves. At the moment we have hte momentum, but I can see it being similar to last season. Lots of twists, lots of unexpected results and hopefully ( for me ) we manage to reverse last seasons outcome, but not in the manner you took it last season, my 43 year old heart couldn't take another day like that again...

I think a few of us are getting a bit carried away here. I am 52 and have had to wait a long time to see the Blues playing like this and although City have been the better side a number of times, you can quickly fall behind again. At the end of the day, United were beaten on goal difference last season with a goal in the last minute of the season. Does that really make the Blues so much better than them? I worry that we are 6 points behind when City have played 9 home games and 7 aways rather then their 7 home games and 9 aways. If United won 2 homes and the Blues got a win and a draw form th 2 aways, there would be an 8 point gap - hard to pull back, no matter how far to go.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.