Us and Them

MCFC2393 said:
Man City = Proper Manchester club with real and loyal supporters even if we end up in non league best fans and true professional players who give most games 110% and most teams like them better than united

Man United = Proper Plastic club with glory supporters arrogant and mostly live in london or birmingham Unprofessional players and a disgrace to english football there supporters behave like millwall

Sums up the 2 clubs

With all due respect, don't you live in Derby, and you've been supporting City for only 10 years ( the period in which they've been in the Premier League ). You were born in Oldham so by your own yardstick, should be a supporter of Oldham. Why do you not support them ?

As for United supporters acting like Millwall... Thats comical given that yesterday we witnessed your own fans hurling coins at players and trying to get onto the pitch.

I am not for one moment suggesting United fans are angels, and yes, there are some complete cocks supporting United, none of whom I'd invite around for Sunday lunch. In fact, I wouldn't piss on some of them, if they were on fire. However, please don't sit there in your ivory tower preaching about how your fans are all mancunian, and support their local team when you yourself do not fit into that stereotype you wish to portray.

Incidentally, there are photos on the web of 7 chinese looking supporters taking photos of Rooney when he scored. It seems that some of our support has moved to the Etihad, and being honest, you're welcome to them.

Like it or not, the more you win, the more you'll end up with the crap that United has got. Its par for the coarse. You'd better get used to it, because like it or not, thats the way PL football goes...

My dad has been a city fan for 40 odd years and my dads grew up in failsworth so I would class failsworth as manchester and yeah I only started to understand football when I when I was 9

Yeah I live around Derby (On my mums side) and I started to watch Derby as It is hard to see city but I have been 2 3 City games

Scunthorpe Fa cup 2006
Wigan 2006
Fulham 2010

And theres one derby player city are looking at is will hughes hes a brilliant player and hell be one of englands best players in a few years hes got very good ball control and scored a few goals for midfielder I would buy him before United, arsenal, barcelona buy him he plays like iniesta

Anyway Back to the topic

pokerjokerz said:
Blue2112 said:
There really is a difference between the two sets of clubs, management, players and ex-players. And there really is a difference in the characteristics of what makes them them and us us.

From what I can see our club has always acted professionally and with the utmost respect towards them both on and off the pitch. I've never seen any crass remarks on twitter (I still find it incredible the remarks towards the Toure's was swept under the carpet). I've never seen any City players run towards Uniteds end and stand there barrel chested huffed out beating it and giving it the hand gesture to come on and have a go, yes you Wayne Rooney and yes you Ashley Young walking back to the half way line goading the East stand along the way. It's been the same for years, Rooney always does that run towards the City fans when they come on the pitch glaring and being provacative and he did it today. His first goal today he just couldn't stop himself sliding on his knees to the City fans. Ferdinand is just a typical big mouthed gobshite and as captain sums them up perfectly. Phil Neville still likes to have a go at us in all the years he's been with Everton. Gary Neville when he was on the tochline a few years ago at O/T. I could go on...

I see it in their fans when I talk to them, they've called us bitter for years but I think they say that because it's a trait they're all too familiar with. They've hated and sung about every club that has ever challenged them as if 'how dare they' and now they can't stop singing about us and by the number of ex-players lining up for interviews it seems they can't stop talking about us.

Fergurson has without doubt created a backs to the wall attitude and it's always them against the world at every opportunity but for all the success it's brought them I really wouldn't want it to happen here. I despise everything about their make-up, about their DNA and what makes them Manchester 'Global Brand, Worlds Biggest Club, Win At All Costs' United Football Club.

I'm all for the banter both ways, but I really think they regularly step too far over the line. Great win for them today but FFS the reactions were way over the top once again.

For all our unsuccessful years if I never saw City lift another trophy they could never take away last season and I really don't think they get that sense of feeling and understand it.

I can assure you, I did have that sense of feeling, and I understand it fully. If you check my post history, you'll find I actually said last season you deserved the title, and I stand by that. You were the better side over the course of the season, and much as how I wanted us to win the league, it would have been a travesty if you hadn't won it. OK, the manner in which it was won wasn't really how I would have liked it. You should have had it sewn up weeks previously, and in all honesty, I cannot understand how we ran you so close.

But going back to your point about not understanding how you felt last season, I am afraid you do SOME United fans an injustice. Back in 1993 I sensed everything you felt last season. I'd been going to United games since 1974 and the best I could hope for was a decent cup run, maybe an odd European away game, and that was about it. Watching Liverpool win the title, season after season, resigned me to the fact that I'd never see a time where we could do what Liverpool were doing.

We came so close in 1992, and in fact, it was Liverpool themselves that scuppered our hopes, beating us 2-0 at Anfield, and blowing our first serious challenge for a league title in a long time.

When we won in 1993 I too felt that nothing could surpass that moment. I didn't care about future success. As far as I was concerned, seeing that trophy being lifted exorcised all the bad times, of which there were many. If I never saw another trophy then I would be happy enough just seeing that moment.

As things transpired, I've seen some great moments, some you could argue are more satisfying than that day in 1993. 1999 being the prime example. However, that day was the one day in my life when I truly understood what it felt like to be a supporter of the best team in the country. Very much akin to what you felt last season. OK, I appreciate that beating your local rivals in the manner that it happened does add a greater sense of achievement, and I for one do not decry you that. You have every right to feel that your demons have been exorcised. You achieved something that most probably you never expcected to witness. Beating United to become champions. Not only that, you did it in such a way that even in your wildest dreams, you could never expect that outcome.

The one thing I will say is this. You will encounter great moments in the future. You will win more trophies, just as Chelsea have done. There is every chance you will win the Champions League in the near future ( OK, not as near as you'd like it but hey.. you can't have everything :-) ) Nothing but nothing, will ever take away that moment in May, and I, as a football fan, first and foremost, appreciate just how that moment felt. Enjoy it for the rest of your lives, because no matter what happens in the future, whether we dominate, or you dominate, we can never take that moment from you, and personally I wouldn't want to. Its yours to enjoy, and enjoy it you will.

But please don't think that all United fans do not appreciate how you felt in May. I do, and for that reason, I am able to look any City fan in the eyes, shake his hand and say "fair play.. you deserved it" Whether they would be magnanimous enough to take my hand is another matter..

As for the rest of the post, again you tar us all with the same brush. As that great song suggests "if I hadn't seen such riches I could live with being poor" and for 26 years I had to live with being poor. I loved it as much then, as I have at any point in the last 20 years. In fact in many cases i preferred it when we were shit. Football has lost its way, and if last season and the game yesterday achieved one thing, its put some interest back in the Derby. Its added some spice that for a few seasons wasn't there. In many ways I prefer it now that you are the rivals. It makes it more interesting.

In May 2012 the best team win the league. IF we win it this season, I'd like to think that anyone reading this post would have the courage to return the sentiment.

-- Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:16 pm --

Stretford Born Blue said:
They simply cannot face the enormity of being second fiddle to City..

Oh I can. I would take you being Champions anyday, over having to play second fiddle to Liverpool again.. If its a choice between City, Chelsea or Liverpool winning the league, I'll take City everytime..

Every word of your post I can relate to and agree with and would happily stand with you and share a pint and discuss great games with each other down the years. I see in your words what appears to be a genuine Red and as a football fan first and foremost we share common ground. My OP was aimed more directly at your football club as a professional outfit whereby I honestly feel it stokes the fire and allows its players to regular goad and taunt opposing fans. Watch Rooney closely as he runs directly away from your fans and towards the City end, like a bully out of reach he can't wait to act the 'BIG I AM' and it's indefensable and inexcusable. However none of this did you address.

The other part of my post was directed at the majority of your fans and not those like yourself who have followed United like I have followed City. Wrong of me to lump the few decent ones in with the other 300million ;-) There are a few decent Rags i'll give you that. My mother is a lifelong Red and so Ive grown up knowing your history but hand on heart of all the many family and friends I have, I currently know of only three season ticket holders or regular match goers to United. Yet I could name a hundred without even thinking who have latched on to your club and can't wait to be in your face one day and then never seen the next. I'm there every day win, lose or draw as I guess judging by the content of your post you are yourself.

Manchester has definetly become a hotbed once again and I've know doubt the pendulum is going to swing both ways over the next few seasons with plenty of banter going backwards and forwards. However there is only one of the two clubs who I believe wants this to fester into a hatred in the way yourselves and Liverpool became and thats MUFC and I personally believe it comes from the top and the way your manager likes to perceive it as Utd v the rest of the world situation (or as Alex himself would say Cityation) and it's simply wrong and plain ugly.

They are the most insecure club and fan base on the planet. I've never seen a club that's been so successful so worried about what other teams are doing. They sell those stupid, "you can't buy class" & the barren trophy case stickers, boy those are classy moves. Fergei's constant moaning about the money our club has spent, the comment about it taking 100 years to gain their history, etc..You look at other top teams from other sports and you don't see that kind of stuff from the successful clubs and their fans.

joe mancini said:
Blue2112 said:
There really is a difference between the two sets of clubs, management, players and ex-players. And there really is a difference in the characteristics of what makes them them and us us.

From what I can see our club has always acted professionally and with the utmost respect towards them both on and off the pitch. I've never seen any crass remarks on twitter (I still find it incredible the remarks towards the Toure's was swept under the carpet). I've never seen any City players run towards Uniteds end and stand there barrel chested huffed out beating it and giving it the hand gesture to come on and have a go, yes you Wayne Rooney and yes you Ashley Young walking back to the half way line goading the East stand along the way. It's been the same for years, Rooney always does that run towards the City fans when they come on the pitch glaring and being provacative and he did it today. His first goal today he just couldn't stop himself sliding on his knees to the City fans. Ferdinand is just a typical big mouthed gobshite and as captain sums them up perfectly. Phil Neville still likes to have a go at us in all the years he's been with Everton. Gary Neville when he was on the tochline a few years ago at O/T. I could go on...

I see it in their fans when I talk to them, they've called us bitter for years but I think they say that because it's a trait they're all too familiar with. They've hated and sung about every club that has ever challenged them as if 'how dare they' and now they can't stop singing about us and by the number of ex-players lining up for interviews it seems they can't stop talking about us.

Fergurson has without doubt created a backs to the wall attitude and it's always them against the world at every opportunity but for all the success it's brought them I really wouldn't want it to happen here. I despise everything about their make-up, about their DNA and what makes them Manchester 'Global Brand, Worlds Biggest Club, Win At All Costs' United Football Club.

I'm all for the banter both ways, but I really think they regularly step too far over the line. Great win for them today but FFS the reactions were way over the top once again.

For all our unsuccessful years if I never saw City lift another trophy they could never take away last season and I really don't think they get that sense of feeling and understand it.

Excellent post,sums up my own feelings exactly.

Hear Hear .

That sums them up perfectly. More interested in celebrating and antagonising the other teams support than celebrate with their own supporters.

Sad, sad players. Its all about hating the others, their rivals or closest challengers and that is now Manchester City. They certainly breed them differently at that club.

pokerjokerz said:
MCFC2393 said:
Man City = Proper Manchester club with real and loyal supporters even if we end up in non league best fans and true professional players who give most games 110% and most teams like them better than united

Man United = Proper Plastic club with glory supporters arrogant and mostly live in london or birmingham Unprofessional players and a disgrace to english football there supporters behave like millwall

Sums up the 2 clubs

With all due respect, don't you live in Derby, and you've been supporting City for only 10 years ( the period in which they've been in the Premier League ). You were born in Oldham so by your own yardstick, should be a supporter of Oldham. Why do you not support them ?

As for United supporters acting like Millwall... Thats comical given that yesterday we witnessed your own fans hurling coins at players and trying to get onto the pitch.

I am not for one moment suggesting United fans are angels, and yes, there are some complete cocks supporting United, none of whom I'd invite around for Sunday lunch. In fact, I wouldn't piss on some of them, if they were on fire. However, please don't sit there in your ivory tower preaching about how your fans are all mancunian, and support their local team when you yourself do not fit into that stereotype you wish to portray.

Incidentally, there are photos on the web of 7 chinese looking supporters taking photos of Rooney when he scored. It seems that some of our support has moved to the Etihad, and being honest, you're welcome to them.

Like it or not, the more you win, the more you'll end up with the crap that United has got. Its par for the coarse. You'd better get used to it, because like it or not, thats the way PL football goes...

Some fair observations about the brand that is the Premier league and yes we will and are attracting the glory hunters.

An observation from another united fan who I spoke with after the game and he was livid with his players that don't want to support with their own fans, Why do they want to just be wankers, why do they not want to be with their own, and thats from a lifelong united fan.

Mr. Aguia said:
They are the most insecure club and fan base on the planet. I've never seen a club that's been so successful so worried about what other teams are doing. They sell those stupid, "you can't buy class" & the barren trophy case stickers, boy those are classy moves. Fergei's constant moaning about the money our club has spent, the comment about it taking 100 years to gain their history, etc..You look at other top teams from other sports and you don't see that kind of stuff from the successful clubs and their fans.

Glory hunting, arse-hatted, snivelling coyotes. They have the brains s of lobotomised gold fish. No, come to think of it, not even that. They are amoeba.

i live in australia and united have just announced a tour here next year :(

needless to say, there has been a massive media fapfest over united and how they're a team of champions. the next 6 or 7 months are going to fucking kill me!
please city, come down under?<br /><br />-- Tue Dec 11, 2012 7:51 pm --<br /><br />i live in australia and united have just announced a tour here next year :(

needless to say, there has been a massive media fapfest over united and how they're a team of champions. the next 6 or 7 months are going to fucking kill me!
please city, come down under?

Ladybarn Blue . said:
joe mancini said:
Blue2112 said:

Excellent post,sums up my own feelings exactly.

Hear Hear .

good post it sums my feelings up to a T

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.