US Blues.... NBC changes this coming season

Can't afford to go to an away match? Do you have any idea how much it costs me to go to a City home match??

I know, I know -- us outsiders are ruining City. We'll be quiet.
fuck that !I won't quiet down for any ****, don't give a fuck where you're from

I'm possibly going to be working out in the Western States for a bit; staring in September, and I'm probably not going to have decent internet (limited possibility of streaming). What are my options for watching City?

I really don't fancy going to a bar at 0700 on Saturday morning for a 3pm KO.
Why not? One of my fave things to do on the road! Most of the places that open do full English breakfast and a pot of tea for about $10-15 and don't charge for the games. I've done it all over the US where the hotels don't have NBCSN!

Best option is finding someone or somewhere with NBCSN, as over 30 of City's games will be on there.

As you say it is 4 dollars a month. If 4 matches a year are on there and not on TV it's roughly 12 dollars a match. Is City worth 12 dollars for a single match? For me personally yeah they definitely are and I've signed up already.

F*ck it ! It's cheap at $100 when you get to watch United get stuffed away at Brighton. That would make City games feel like they're free.

Remember, before NBC showed all games for FREE as part of a minimal cable/satellite package we had Fox Sports TERRIBLE coverage with their 'extra' channels requiring an extra subscription. Then before that we had spotty ESPN coverage with awful Tommy 'Onion Bag' Smyth commentating. And before this we were lucky to get 2 or 3 city games a year with commercial breaks while the game was being played !!!

Apart from being so far from live in person games, us blues in the US have got it good.

I agree with the sentiments most folks have expressed that, on the whole, we have a pretty good setup in the US to watch games. We were spoiled for a while though, so it's hard to give that up. The most annoying thing for me is that the new package doesn't even offer your the ability to completely cut the cable/satellite cord - you still have to have the cable package AND the streaming pass. I wish you could go just one or the other.

In the end, I'll get the steaming package as I like to watch other games as well and hopefully some of the weekly shows will be worth watching.

What is that about?

you can pay for all of a single team's games rather than commit to buying the entire league package, for a fraction of the price.

I reckon we will be on TV at least 32 times so $50 might be extreme for just a few games.

This coming season, there will be 150 games on NBC Gold, with at least 4 for every team. I'm guessing City will be kept to the minimum of 4. That means the remaining 34 games will be shown via a combination of TV and free to access online via NBC Sports.

NBC are 'boasting' how the $50 annual fee for NBC Gold is better values now it includes 150 games plus other programming, but they fail to mention that means more games TAKEN from free to view on TV/Online. Still not a bad deal for those of us who like to watch more than City, 150 games for $50.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.