US Politics Thread

Though I too very much like Biden, I think that Biden dropping out could have a big, positive impact for Democrats.

I hope you’re right. I don’t think we’ll see a huge swing in sentiment but these things are decided by tiny margins and so if it achieves the extra 1-2% vote share that secures the win, then it will be worth it.

It's Murica innit?

Addressing a Former President of the United States

View attachment 126020
The Emily Post Institute
https://emilypost.com › advice › addressing-a-former-p...

When addressing a former President of the United States in a formal setting, the correct form is “Mr. LastName.” (“President LastName” or “Mr. President” are ...
I’m pretty sure that Mr President is only be used for the incumbent.

Otherwise, it’s President Surname.

Kudos to @FogBlueInSanFran for long since predicting that Biden would not be the 2024 Democratic nominee for President. Though it turns out that FogBlue was spot on, the circumstances behind his departure were all but unpredictable.

I, for one, thought and argued that it would be Biden for months... ah well. Predicting the future makes mugs of us all :-)

Career criminal Trump will be shitting his pants. Kamala Harris will get the black vote out, she’s smart and a bit underestimated, she’ll hammer the rapist in the debates.

God bless Biden, he has put his country before himself.

I don't think black people will vote for her just because of her skin colour.

Saw polls the other day that the only person that would beat Trump was Michelle Obama.

She wouldn't want to do it though and I don't blame her.

She doesn't seem popular, that isn't a controversial statement.
She has generally been polling level with Biden in the past few weeks (some polls up, some polls down), and internal data shows Biden was slipping considerably with likely progressive and independent voters. And those were “potential candidate” surveys which tend to underestimate support for a number of historically verified reasons.

I am just not sure what you mean by “popular”? Relative to whom?

Will she beat Trump? No one can possibly predict that within any confidence right now.

But this “she has no hope” narrative being bandied about in the thread by a few is just not based in reality.

And I suspect more based on those individual’s personal motivations when it comes to ideological conflicts than actual political analysis (I don’t think you are among that group, mind).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.