US Politics Thread

Wait so... it's anti-democratic to back somebody on the basis they will... win more votes?

Errr...

They do know there's an election coming up, right? That's what this is about, maybe somebody should let them know?

They shot their load too early on Biden and made his position untenable, now they're worried as they didn't want him to drop out.

Indeed, just felt she should have took the reigns straight after the last election victory.

I do think this has been carefully planned though the last couple months- they’ve had to really prep her to be ready and left Biden hanging in there a little while till she’s up to scratch.
That wouldn’t surprise me at all.

This isn’t something that happens overnight.

Wait so... it's anti-democratic to back somebody on the basis they will... win more votes?

Errr...

They do know there's an election coming up, right? That's what this is about, maybe somebody should let them know?
Not only that, but apparently listening to your constituents (not just the wealthy backers or the political elites, but the rank-and-file that were increasingly polling as wanting Biden to step aside) and changing course, even as it is against your own benefit, is some how “anti-democratic”.

But, of course that is how the likes of Trump and Musk would spin it, as they see changing course based on outside feedback—and especially if doing so benefits others at the expense of yourself—as a sign of a feckless fool.

I like Buttigieg, he is very smart and a great speaker. But as you say unlikely. I also like Wes Moore, he's the next dem star i reckon, but again unlikely as i don't think the Dems would be brave enough!
For those, who don’t know, he is the governor of Maryland, and he was brilliant, after the bridge collapsed in Baltimore.

Sure, but we can agree that someone that speaks and acts like a fascist, and advocates for fascist policies, is a fascist, though, can’t we?

It depends how far your own politics lie to the right or left. Everyone is fair game to some of the more radical left fist pumpers and they IMHO need to be discounted just as much as the radical right.

For instance the lunatics in the BAMN organisation who are just downright cunts.

On here if you whisper the words "controlled immigration" you're marching on Poland by the weekend.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.