US Politics Thread

Fine, on a personal level I know all the risks of a Trump win. But the election isn't until November!! I'm convinced the general British public aren't interested in this endless coverage 4mths before the event. There are far more urgent issues that need discussing and reporting on especially with a new government!

For example, half way down the BBC Web page is a small article on Universties being told to manage their own budgets by the new education secretary. There is much more to this story tho. When you look at the way Universities have spent money the last 10years. Yet this isnt even discussed.

the dust will settle in a few days and then Obama will endorse Harris and get it to the top of the News agenda again. hopefully.

Right decision by joe , shame his fifty years in politics has come to the end like this , but you cant stop time

kamala is perfectly capable and i just hope she has time , she has the backing and the money and now trump is the oldie who mostly veers off mid sentence and makes no sense

kamala has to go for him , really rip into him , he will return being racist and sexist and that might not play well

the dust will settle in a few days and then Obama will endorse Harris and get it to the top of the News agenda again. hopefully.
I think we are going to see a (intentionally) steady stream of endorsements from prominent democrats over the next week or so in order to not only keep Harris in the headlines but also continually remind voters that the party is unified behind her and against Trump.

All the while, Trump and co will be forced to become more and more wild in their rhetoric to regain the levels of exposure they were getting before Biden’s announcement, which will just play in to the “Harris is the only sane, competent adult in the race” narrative.

I like an Atlantic arricle’s title from yesterday that said “Trump’s Campaign Peaked Too Early”, as I think the analysis is spot on. Not unlike the national team that plays it’s best football in the group stage, I think the MAGA campaign hit their high point during the RNC (right after the assassination attempt) and it is generally downhill from here, especially after Biden dropped out and their entire setup (massive spending on attack ads painting Biden as old, feeble, and unfit) is now not only useless, but actually just highlights his age, feebleness, and unfitness for the presidency by comparison to Harris.

Last edited:

Wouldn’t get your hopes up she’s embarrassing

Honest to god, anybody who watches and shares social media compilations about politics like this should just be relentlessly shamed.

Absolute brain rot. I’m sick to death of them.

Politics for the Angry Birds generation.

Apologies to Stewart Lee

I think we are going to see a (intentionally) steady stream of endorsements from prominent democrats over the next week or so in order to not only keep Harris in the headlines but also continually remind voters that the party is unified behind her and against Trump.

All the while, Trump and co will be forced to become more and more wild in their rhetoric to regain the levels of exposure they were getting before Biden’s announcement, which will just play in to the “Harris is the only adult in the race” narrative.

yep, get some big name Celebs on board also, Taylor Swift etc.

Right decision by joe , shame his fifty years in politics has come to the end like this , but you cant stop time

kamala is perfectly capable and i just hope she has time , she has the backing and the money and now trump is the oldie who mostly veers off mid sentence and makes no sense

kamala has to go for him , really rip into him , he will return being racist and sexist and that might not play well
He never stopped being a racist or a sexist.

All the while, Trump and co will be forced to become more and more wild in their rhetoric to regain the levels of exposure they were getting before Biden’s announcement, which will just play in to the “Harris is the only sane, competent adult in the race” narrative.
Sounds like the same tactics that didn't work for Hilary Clinton?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.