US Politics Thread

Oh dear. Is one cross?

So he seems to be claiming that he's been swizzled into spending his money? So he's the elderly man with declining cognitive abilities who has been the victim of the double glazing salesmen that are the Democratic Party?

Interesting attack line for a guy who is as bigley brained and virile as trump.

The entire election boils down to a few key swing states. Biden was well down in most of those.

When someone is down by percentages that are outside the margin of error, and there were multiple states like that, even the potential for the holes in the Swiss cheese to line up exactly right gets narrower and narrower.

I think it’s safe to say that the race has gone from slim chance before the debate to no chance after the debate to no fucking chance in Hell after the assassination attempt & RNC to Trump is running scared after Biden dropped out and Harris has emerged as the front runner!

I was a big supporter of hers before the Dem debates 4 yrs ago. I changed my tune when I saw and heard the rest of the field, because I thought others were stronger and better prepared for the role. Today, though, with 4 yrs of VP under her belt, I think she ticks all, or most of, the boxes needed to bury Trump IF she can pick a VP nominee who helps win her key swing states. Kelly of AZ looks like the one to me.

It’s a trite point, but that debate changed everything. If you’re going to put up an Octogenarian, then make fucking sure he’s going to deliver when it really matters. The room for error was much less for Biden than it would have been for a younger person. Absolutely stands to reason.
I think that when the dust settles the dems will have to ask themselves how they got in the position of putting Biden up to that debate.

The only positive was that it happened so early and with time to make a change. I guess it underlines why you have the primary process.

In the postmortem it will go back to when Biden was selected. He wasn't an outlier in terms of age at a then chirpy 77. His opposition included:

Sanders 79
Bloomberg 78
Warren 71

Way down the list was Mike Gravel at 90! He died June 2021 so would have lasted 6 months.

So at the time age was not a big factor. If they have any sense they will put a 70yo age limit on a first term run, 75 on a second. Even then sub 60 should be preferable.

I think that when the dust settles the dems will have to ask themselves how they got in the position of putting Biden up to that debate.

The only positive was that it happened so early and with time to make a change. I guess it underlines why you have the primary process.

In the postmortem it will go back to when Biden was selected. He wasn't an outlier in terms of age at a then chirpy 77. His opposition included:

Sanders 79
Bloomberg 78
Warren 71

Way down the list was Mike Gravel at 90! He died June 2021 so would have lasted 6 months.

So at the time age was not a big factor. If they have any sense they will put a 70yo age limit on a first term run, 75 on a second. Even then sub 60 should be preferable.
Kamala will be 60 in October.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.