US Politics Thread

That's my concern.

Harris needs a clear win so Trump and his cult of MAGA cannot take the result to SCOTUS.
1. Can the VP as president of the Senate count and certfy her own election?

2. SCOTUS says the president can do what he likes if it's an official act. Does that include ignoring SCOTUS rulings?

1. Can the VP as president of the Senate count and certfy her own election?

2. SCOTUS says the president can do what he likes if it's an official act. Does that include ignoring SCOTUS rulings?
SCOTUS has no means of enforcing its rulings. Theoretically, states can just ignore them but they would spend an awful lot of time in court.

SCOTUS has no means of enforcing its rulings. Theoretically, states can just ignore them but they would spend an awful lot of time in court.
So if SCOTUS upholds a challenge to a state's election result the President of the Senate could ignore it, and the President himself could as an official act order the President of the Senate to ignore it.

Suppose Harris wins the Electoral college but there's a risk of "faithless electors". Biden then resigns, Harris takes the oath and becomes President. She can then break laws as official acts so orders the arrest of the faithless electors....

Endorsed by Obama. I'd say that's just changed things considerably.
Inevitable I guess.

The timing helps keep the momentum and vibes going.

Dems are set to have a really strong conference. The mood could not be more different from the week following the 1st debate. That is now ancient history.

As I keep saying. Too early to look at polls. Things happen. Events unseen and beyond the control of campaigns are what really shift the dial.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.