US Politics Thread

When the shitgibbon dies, will the MAGA movement die, recede or flourish?
Maga was successful in getting a lot of people who never vote to come out and vote.

It worked in 2016 but by 2020 the traditional suburban educated Republicans had had enough of Trump.

How many of that lost vote will come back? I think maybe a good amount for a Nikkey Hayley type. But she will not get the unwashed Trump base in any where near the number.

If its a Trump imitation then can only thing less votes all round.

Maga was successful in getting a lot of people who never vote to come out and vote.

It worked in 2016 but by 2020 the traditional suburban educated Republicans had had enough of Trump.

How many of that lost vote will come back? I think maybe a good amount for a Nikkey Hayley type. But she will not get the unwashed Trump base in any where near the number.

If its a Trump imitation then can only thing less votes all round.
Cheers. I assume Jnr will give it a go and fail noisily too.

When the shitgibbon dies, will the MAGA movement die, recede or flourish?
His body will be interred in a glass coffin at his Mar A Lago resort where cultists will be charged different rates for access to it.

Each MAGA moron will receive a poorly made temu version of the mango Mussolini laying in state for a extra $79.99

His body will be interred in a glass coffin at his Mar A Lago resort where cultists will be charged different rates for access to it.

Each MAGA moron will receive a poorly made temu version of the mango Mussolini laying in state for a extra $79.99
Trumpland. It’ll put up far better numbers than woke Disneyland. The best. Mad Mickey won’t know what hit him.

I’m reading JD Vance’s book.

It’s really hard to square the fact that this really well written and insightful personal account of life in small town blue collar rural America and the social and industrial history of these areas was written by the same person who’s come out with the sort of crazy reactionary shit he’s come out with as a politician.

I can only conclude that he’s clearly intelligent enough to know that what he says is a load of nonsense and he’s just playing to an audience.

Very odd, and a real shame.
Or perhaps it is you who is missing something...

Nah.
Mar-a-lago will eventually get repossessed by the banks like all his other assets.

He grew up in the Ohio rust belt, mostly raised by his grandparents as his mother was a drug abuser.

I hope you don’t think I’m somehow defending his current politics.

My whole post was making the point that his book (which came out in 2016) is hard to reconcile with the MAGA nutter we now see before us.

Hillbilly Elegy isn’t really about him, it’s about the breakdown of the wider social fabric of poor working class rural America.
I thought you might be interested in this critique of Hillbilly Elegy by a scholar of the American South, and specifically Appalachian culture.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.