US Politics Thread

Just watching Tim Walz's speech - I really like this bloke already.

They should wipe the floor with Trump in November if there's even an ounce of sense left in American society.

He's such a great public speaker that he's going to upstage Harris quite a bit which they need to manage though, like having a support band who's better than the headliner.
I was impressed that he stopped talking when some of the crowd demanded water and made sure they got some.

The biggest and best paper towels a president has ever thrown.
Many people—important, beautiful people, but he can’t say their names—have come up to him and said “Mr. President, those where the biggest, most gorgeous, most powerful, most not-like-mushroom paper towel rolls I have ever seen!”

Many people—important, beautiful people, but he can’t say their names—have come up to him and said “Mr. President, those where the biggest, most gorgeous, most powerful, most not-like-mushroom paper towel rolls I have ever seen!”
Why does everyone keep leaving out the best part? They all said it “with tears in their eyes.”

Took Two weeks for Trump who looked a certainty and was long odds on Favourite to now being deposed as the Favourite.

View attachment 127712
I was cautiously optimistic that Biden would win earlier this year but I always caveat that events unforseen or outside of campaigns are the biggest factor. Bidens debate disaster was unforseen but I guess always a risk. The speed and ease with which this all fell in to place for Kamala was totally unpredictable. I would have assumed a mini contested primary and that would have been a gift for Trump. The Dems have delivered a show of unity and professionalism that the Trump campaign can't digest.

There's 3 months to go and the turnaround in the last month has been wild. Still time for the mood music to change. Still to early to look at polls. But it's looking good.

I was cautiously optimistic that Biden would win earlier this year but I always caveat that events unforseen or outside of campaigns are the biggest factor. Bidens debate disaster was unforseen but I guess always a risk. The speed and ease with which this all fell in to place for Kamala was totally unpredictable. I would have assumed a mini contested primary and that would have been a gift for Trump. The Dems have delivered a show of unity and professionalism that the Trump campaign can't digest.
The handover has been so accomplished, well-timed and such a fait accompli it’s almost like someone had planned it…

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.