US Politics Thread

Darkness and dawn: who didn't have their head in their hands before Dzeko scored against QPR? Can America have a 93:20?

Then why isn't Trump President?

I was around for Watergate. Looked awfully dark then. And the GFC -- when the economy was truly on the brink.

But whatever -- were I you, I'd short every stock in America. You'll be rich if you're right.
Why he isnt President isnt the issue. Why has he not been held accountable to any even remote degree for all he did? What he did changed the whole world for the worse and it will be that way until he is. Anything contrary will always be fake news. Every woe will be a conspiracy, everything will be excusable, enablers will continue to thrive, the worst imaginable and most malign influencers like Bannon, Alex Jones and countless other poison spreaders will abide. This spreads like a disease and infects wider than America but starts there.

Add in continued subversion and bullying of officials in an effort to illegally change the result of the general election, the bullying and sacking of two heads of the FBI who refused to be intimidated, the threats to foreign leaders for personal political gain, failure to hold the President accountable for any of this, thereby emboldening bigoted loons and enablers like MTG. The undermining of journalism, the labelling of facts and investigative work 'fake news'. Promotion of conspiracy theories, public humiliation and undermining of experts and science for the purpose of promoting agendas. I could go on for hours.
US is fucked
As someone who moved here from England I'm still enamored with the place despite the faults you mention. The mindset is different, there's not the ground in helplessness that happens over there. I get that you don't like what you see, fair enough but for me I still see positivity

And anyway, ignoring all that. 50% of the population have just had the basic human right of whether or not to continue with the choice of carrying on with a pregnancy taken from them to all meaningful intents and practical purposes and that is absolutely fucking shameful. And based on, or justified by, some form of superstition and a centuries old dated form of flagshagging connection between a sense of nationhood and religious fervour. Absolute nonsense. Jokers

Why he isnt President isnt the issue. Why has he not been held accountable to any even remote degree for all he did? What he did changed the whole world for the worse and it will be that way until he is. Anything contrary will always be fake news. Every woe will be a conspiracy, everything will be excusable, enablers will continue to thrive, the worst imaginable and most malign influencers like Bannon, Alex Jones and countless other poison spreaders will abide. This spreads like a disease and infects wider than America but starts there.
Mate — all due respect, but you need to catch up with the news. A denouement is coming in way shape or form among the myriad of cases he’s fighting — including those related to J6. And there is no national “no abortion” referendum. It’s up to the states — and granted I agree it’s appalling but look at the polls — it’s not popular and it’s killing the GOP. Again — read my post. WHY does the GOP force such a divisive, unpopular perspective down the throats of those it can? There’s a REASON, and it isn’t because it’s what Americans want. The broad populace isn’t standing for it.

Democracy is messy and it takes time.

Mate — all due respect, but you need to catch up with the news. A denouement is coming in way shape or form among the myriad of cases he’s fighting — including those related to J6. And there is no national “no abortion” referendum. It’s up to the states — and granted I agree it’s appalling but look at the polls — it’s not popular and it’s killing the GOP. Again — read my post. WHY does the GOP force such a divisive, unpopular perspective down the throats of those it can? There’s a REASON, and it isn’t because it’s what Americans want. The broad populace isn’t standing for it.

Democracy is messy and it takes time.
Democracy in the US because of the inherent flaws in the system which allows for the breakdown in powers. Judges surely cannot be political appointments. How can a judge be deemed to be a democrat or republican appointment?

This age old wrangling over the Supreme Court that leads essentially to a countdown to one of them croaking it. Excited about leaving a SC that leans one way over the other. Surely a fundamental problem, at the root of everything. No?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.