US Politics Thread

Left-leaning media outlets in the US demonstrate their bias mostly in the following ways: less newsworthy stories favorable to the right are generally not covered; headlines may be slanted to favor the left; talk-shows are obviously left-leaning.

Right-leaning media outlets in the US mirror the biases of left-leaning media, except that coverage favors the right: less newsworthy stores favorable to the left are mostly not covered; headlines are slanted to favor the right; talk-shows are obviously right-leaning.

What differentiates left-leaning outlets from right-leaning ones, is that most right-leaning media outlets no longer stick to the facts, and indeed report known-falsehoods in cases where the truth is unpopular with their audience. Right-leaning talkshows are most affected by this; but on the right, broadcasts purported to be strictly news, sometimes (or oftentimes depending on the outlet), also propagate known falsehoods.

For those interested in the perceived biases of various news outlets in the US, Allsides has a breakdown which may prove of interest: https://www.allsides.com/media-bias/media-bias-chart.

Edit:
Is anyone else surprised that The Wall Street Journal is classified as centrist in Allside's breakdown? For starters Murdoch owns The Wall Street Journal which almost certainly is going to color their news coverage. And secondly, it strikes me that most Wall Street Journal opinion pieces are right-leaning.

Last edited:
Your ability to project is on another level. But at least, we agree im happy for you.
How old are you? You're really going with "That's what you are, what am I?"
You've become a parody version of a thick, supercilious, Dunning-Kruger, Trump ****.
I'm done with wasting time on you, I'll leave it to your compatriots to wipe their arses with you.

Agree. And he is reported as hating Trump so unclear how any new person at the top is going to change anything. We will see.
True. But though Murdoch personally dislikes Trump, he's in love with Trump's politics. And he's keenly aware of the Fox audience - MAGA fanatics largely 100% behind the Donald. So it's almost certainly same-ole, same-ole at Fox, supporting Trump because that's what their audience wants.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.