US Politics Thread

On this thread, it's quite unique.
That's because everyone else smarter and more ashamed than you high-tailed it when they realiz(s)ed we were right and they were wrong -- that in the battle between democracy and authoritarianism, between pragmatism and jingoism, between the law and criminality, there IS a correct side that has little to do with "politics".

You aren't the last man standing after a battle. You're the last dumbfuck on the deck who hasn't realiz(s)ed the ship is sinking.

Can somebody much smarter than me explain exactly what the plan is for the Dems for 2024?

We know by now that a lot of people who voted for Biden in 2020 did so while holding their nose and purely on the basis that he wasn’t Trump, and today, discarding whether he is a good president, he’s not a popular president.

Now there is no realistic possibility of convincing anyone who voted for Trump in 2020 to vote Biden in 24, they’re all too far gone to get through to, and so you’re then relying on getting everyone who voted in 20 for Biden to come back out and vote again in 24, which seems like an awfully big risk to take?….

Someone like Newson seems like an altogether better candidate than Biden, but of course he is keeping his powder dry on whether he would actually run for 24 and Biden is insistent on running again himself….maybe I’m just being hyperbolic but is there not a good argument that the Dems should be taking a hard decision out of Bidens hands?…

Can somebody much smarter than me explain exactly what the plan is for the Dems for 2024?

We know by now that a lot of people who voted for Biden in 2020 did so while holding their nose and purely on the basis that he wasn’t Trump, and today, discarding whether he is a good president, he’s not a popular president.

Now there is no realistic possibility of convincing anyone who voted for Trump in 2020 to vote Biden in 24, they’re all too far gone to get through to, and so you’re then relying on getting everyone who voted in 20 for Biden to come back out and vote again in 24, which seems like an awfully big risk to take?….

Someone like Newson seems like an altogether better candidate than Biden, but of course he is keeping his powder dry on whether he would actually run for 24 and Biden is insistent on running again himself….maybe I’m just being hyperbolic but is there not a good argument that the Dems should be taking a hard decision out of Bidens hands?…
1. I actually don’t think we “know that.” Where’s the data that supports the “nose-holding” argument? If anything, there were more conservative voters who hate Trump but held their nose and voted for him than Biden. And then Jan 6 happened. And then the crimes came to light officially.

2. I personally thought Biden should have declared himself a one term President. He didn’t. We talk about Biden not being popular. Where is any info that suggests anyone else would be popular; I.e. convince conservatives to switch? There is none. So why rock the boat, create a battle or tension? All the focus — meaning money — should be on Democratic turnout, not on an internal battle for the nomination. Turnout will be helped by the abortion issue I suspect. Biden has even successfully gotten the Progressive wing to pull on the same oar. I guess the answer is Biden is a known quantity. A bird in the hand and all that.

3. As others have pointed out, the midterms, special elections and referendums in purple states have ALL gone the Democrats’ way. Joe may not be “popular” (when’s the last time you took a phone poll, though? I’m increasingly interested in the efficacy of phone polls generally about any topic) but blue issues are winning so he’ll make it about those issues, not him. He’ll play the same cards he did in 2020, because they won.

4. If Trump loses or dies, 2028 SHOULD be a reset year. Hopefully MAGA — increasingly a losing agenda anywhere not dead red — will be fatally wounded and more rational members of the GOP will have some control. But so many — nearly all — are tainted by their kowtowing to Trump. It might be a hard road. Meantime, Democrats should have Harris, Newsom and I would guess Gretchen Whitmer from Michigan with their hats in the ring to start — not a terrible initial pool IMO, though just IMO the first two have flaws.

Last edited:

You're being brain washed by the media that Biden isn't popular because he's a left leaning president who approves of Unions and taxing the rich.

The same media said there'd be RED TSUNAMI in the midterms.

Rasmussen is a right wing leaning poll and even it shows:

1695937194702.png

Maybe you shouldn't believe corporate media polls??

1695937292750.png

If they guarantee me immunity from prosecution, lifetime protection by the secret service, and financial security I'm willing to do America and the whole world a favour by beating Trump to death with one of his own clubs.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.