US Politics Thread

This is part of Trumps self inflicted problems. He fundraises his own legal fees but doesn't cover the other defendants. He doesn't even help them fund raise. He did the absolute minimum for Rudy and his lawyers are bailing on him.

Trump is to stupid to realise that if he doesn't help fund their legal costs then they are 10x more likely to flip.

Jenna is the 4th of 19. More will flip as the odds of doing jail time mount. Wilis doesn't need them all, if she gets 10 it's pretty much nailed on the rest will be found guilty. Most people flip in the days before a trial starts. To have 4 at this point is ominous for Trump.
It's not stupidity at all. He simply never in his life been held accountable. So what if they flip? Why pay your own money when you can just deny that you knew them, lie endlessly about them, disparage them at every turn, turn on them and call them rats trying to save their own skins, etc.? It's what he's done to EVERYONE his ENTIRE life.

Obviously it's worse now because the entirety of his cult and the grifting sycophants sopping up their money will support him no matter what he says. But he's ALWAYS gotten away with this behavio(u)r, for 70-whatever years. He assumes, like all insane narcissists, that he will again.

See, you just aren't lunatic enough to grasp this. You keep trying to use logic and reason :)

We go again....

Trump has made a special effort here to ensure Emmer can't win. This will work but then he probably wouldn't have got the votes anyway. But what this does is really piss off the circa 150 GOP house reps who really want to find a way out of the hole that Matt Gaetz dug. I'm assuming 70ish don't care or just accept they can't unite around any one candidate and this just has to keep circling the bowl.

Why not?
His point is turn your chair a degree every 4 minutes and you won’t notice much discernible motion either.
Doesn’t matter how big the circle you are turning.
I'd say it's discernible if you're looking at something that's not also flying round at 25,000 mph

Is it possible that Trump has engineered these issues to keep the US in a state of chaos to help his mate, Putin?
I don't think the connection is as direct as that, but obviously he's empathetic to the attitude that the best "national CEOs" are those who have unparalleled autonomy to do whatever they wish whenever they wish to whomever they wish however they wish it.

I'd say it's discernible if you're looking at something that's not also flying round at 25,000 mph

Not sure what point you are making or not understanding if any.
I think what you are demonstrating is that we discern the motion when we fix our eyes on a stationary object such as the sun in your example.

Does that not prove the point the original poster was making?
Yes we are moving but nobody is losing balance or feeling dizzy over it.

It doesn’t really matter in the grand scheme of things. Yes we are moving. We discern this through a 24 hr clock that we have devised which night and day basically proves. The world isn flat. The galaxy doesn't revolve around the earth.I think we can agree on that.

Is it possible that Trump has engineered these issues to keep the US in a state of chaos to help his mate, Putin?
I would say that Russia is behind a lot of divisive and corrosive politicians. Its not a direct link as fog says but Russian money funds people like Gatez who do the things they do. Russia gains when democracy is weak, and helping put arseholes in positions of power is what they've been doing for years.

Last edited:

Trump has made a special effort here to ensure Emmer can't win. This will work but then he probably wouldn't have got the votes anyway. But what this does is really piss off the circa 150 GOP house reps who really want to find a way out of the hole that Matt Gaetz dug. I'm assuming 70ish don't care or just accept they can't unite around any one candidate and this just has to keep circling the bowl.

It’s suicidal because he’s already being blamed for the shut down.

The Republicans love a shut down because they always manage to blame the Democrat in the Oval Office.

But this time no one is blaming them, it’s so obviously Republican driven and on purpose.

We often talk about what will actually cut through and turn trump voters - the silent majority of them,not the MAGA cultists. One thing that will definitely cut through?

2.2million Americans not getting paid because there’s no money to pay them, because there’s no Republican speaker to vote through a budget, and all that federal funding propping up the red states in south runs dry.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.