US Politics Thread

The only way out to save America as I see it is for enough moderate GOP members to start deal negotiations with Dems
The MAGA mob are eating the party of Abe Lincoln and John McCain from within
Tragic

Not sure what point you are making or not understanding if any.
I think what you are demonstrating is that we discern the motion when we fix our eyes on a stationary object such as the sun in your example.

Does that not prove the point the original poster was making?
Yes we are moving but nobody is losing balance or feeling dizzy over it.

It doesn’t really matter in the grand scheme of things. Yes we are moving. We discern this through a 24 hr clock that we have devised which night and day basically proves. The world isn flat. The galaxy doesn't revolve around the earth.I think we can agree on that.
Then doesn’t "Yes we are moving but nobody is losing balance or feeling dizzy over it" mean we're back to what's wrong with MTG saying that?

Unless by the OP you meant you meant the one that argued "We do not spin at “1,000mph”. That doesn’t make sense, rotational velocity isn’t calculated in units of miles per hour."

In danger of getting a bit off topic - but yes you are correct that was exactly my point.

It’s simple - “Speed” in the manner MTG is using it, does not matter here. It’s relative to your frame of reference. 1,000,000mph to one man is 0mph to somebody else. It’s a nothing statement. You travel hundreds of mph on a plane, who the fuck cares? You can still drink a beer.

What matters is acceleration. That’s what applies force to our bodies. That’s what we feel.

Acceleration is created by spin.

The Earth spins very very slowly. Just once every 24 hours. That is the speed of its spin.

If you spin 360 in an office chair once every 24 hours you are spinning at exactly the same speed as the earth - literally matching it beat for beat - this is a fact. That’s how slowly the earth spins. And again for emphasis… it’s spin that creates acceleration/force not speed.

Ergo, we feel almost no force. It’s actually equivalent to 0.2% of our body weight. It’s negligible.
If you stick your head out of the window of a train travelling at 100 mph you feel it.

If you stick your head out of the window of a train travelling at 100 mph you feel it.
Then doesn’t "Yes we are moving but nobody is losing balance or feeling dizzy over it" mean we're back to what's wrong with MTG saying that?

Unless by the OP you meant you meant the one that argued "We do not spin at “1,000mph”. That doesn’t make sense, rotational velocity isn’t calculated in units of miles per hour."
Ok I concede. The world is flat.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.