US Politics Thread

Just a reminder that they are THAT bad.

Makes sense.

“Did you know that humans share common ancestry with other species? Random mutation of chromosomes leads to diversification of the gene pool which gives rise to traits offering competitive advantage.”

“Pass me my AR-15.”

How did nobody see it coming?

I’m not sure what you mean by that.
I’m guessing you mean that the church is still very much involved in state policy.
Here in Ireland we lost a good half a century of our Republic, probably through necessity economically speaking, with the church basically running education, hospitals etc. the country hadn’t a pot to piss in.

It definitely held us back and it wasn’t the republic a lot of people fought for in 1916.

However in my lifetime and probably starting with my generation, we have seen the separation of church and state.
And we have seen progress.

Although the UK is a very liberal country, I would say that the unwritten constitution that has the king as head of state and church, was one of the stumbling blocks when it came to Ireland’s original inclusion in the Union.
That was a lot of info about somewhere that isnt the US. I meant that there is no seperation as everything is political. Appointments to judges are political, it cant be right that they are. Even DAs are elected, that cant be right. And the SC is a joke. So if they are wrangling about stuff on the legislative branch amongst religious lines, like R v W, guns, and other crazy stuff they justify by God given rights, then they are fucked. As they demonstribly are, nothing effectively functions there at the moment.

I obviously prefer the government to not shutdown but having to watch the GOP ineffectively grievance govern for 14 months will be exhausting.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.