US Politics Thread

The MAGA Republicans aren't happy about Johnson's stopgap bill. I'm honestly not sure how this will play out.
Republican outrage is a bit fickle. They have to rile against something but they also get bored and move on quite quickly. So wile Johnson has done exactly what McCarthy did, some weeks have past and holiday season is coming and there are other things....

What is interesting is that MAGA Mike was obviously picked because he's full on christofacist. But he's not leading or in any control. He's just a character that they compromised on.

Normally you elevate someone to post like that as you recognise they are a leader, they influence, they can raise money, they are positioned for other top jobs and future potus candidates. MAGA Mike does not do any if that and would be a terrible POTUS candidate.

I know. 1) Polls are polls — they don’t mean much. 2) Trump still leads by 2x. 3) It’s New Hampshire, not Tennissippitucky. 4) Haley is a god-awful spineless coward of an opportunist. 5) Christie is a hypocrite.

Still . . . Haley has crept closer as has Christie. There’s at least the faintest glimmer of hope here. I mean I’d never vote for her or him over Biden — ever — but if some way somehow Trump doesn’t run/win the nomination, at least they aren’t fascist lunatic narcissists with an incontinence problem . . . .

I know. 1) Polls are polls — they don’t mean much. 2) Trump still leads by 2x. 3) It’s New Hampshire, not Tennissippitucky. 4) Haley is a god-awful spineless coward of an opportunist. 5) Christie is a hypocrite.

Still . . . Haley has crept closer as has Christie. There’s at least the faintest glimmer of hope here. I mean I’d never vote for her or him over Biden — ever — but if some way somehow Trump doesn’t run/win the nomination, at least they aren’t fascist lunatic narcissists with an incontinence problem . . . .

It’s starting to look interesting at least. If we can assume (big if) that a lot of the 58% not voting for Trump are NeverTrumpers then it will be interesting to see if Haley (I don’t think it works the other way) absorbs a lot of Christie’s voters. We could have a ~40% Trump to ~30% Haley situation.

Not that she’s even much better to be honest. Very much a Boris to Braverman situation.

But it would mean he actually has to fight, when he’s already up to his neck in legal battles and want expecting to be primaried properly.

It’s starting to look interesting at least. If we can assume (big if) that a lot of the 58% not voting for Trump are NeverTrumpers then it will be interesting to see if Haley (I don’t think it works the other way) absorbs a lot of Christie’s voters. We could have a ~40% Trump to ~30% Haley situation.

Not that she’s even much better to be honest. Very much a Boris to Braverman situation.

But it would mean he actually has to fight, when he’s already up to his neck in legal battles and want expecting to be primaried properly.
Thing is he will win southern state primaries going away, even South Carolina. But if he performs poorly in primaries that are swing states in the actual general election, then this is a serious issue for him. He needs those who support others to turn out and vote for him and they’re already showing a reticence to support him in the primary. As we said — a glimmer of hope.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.