US Politics Thread

It doesn't make any sense. If 'democracy' in a country of around 350 million people leaves people with a choice of one of these two, something is seriously wrong. I don't know the American system well, but surely there is a way the Democrats could, and should, nominate someone, anyone, who can at least pretend to understand something about what they are saying.
Once again — name the candidate the Democrats should have chosen who has already beaten Donald Trump.

If you don’t know the American system well, please consider the possibility that the problem here is that, and not that Democrats are inherently stupid.

Last edited:
True, it is a mess, but it's arguably better than "let's fuck our economy over forever based on a 15-word referendum because we're afraid of brown people".

Not again?

Do you do this all the time? Someone mentions Biden and all you can come up with is the above?

Painfully insecure.

We have a Brexit thread if you fancy joining in btw ;-)

Biden not doing himself any favours with the Mexico slip, I’m sorry but he shouldn’t be running they need to put someone else forward against Trump.

Never gonna happen.

Hillary was "nicer, more elegant, civilized, gaffe free" and yet look what happened..

That should be a big lesson to you that normal people aren't the ones voting in elections.. Instead the electorate is usually full of idiots and those with a personal grift and the need to lash out.

Not again?

Do you do this all the time? Someone mentions Biden and all you can come up with is the above?

Painfully insecure.

We have a Brexit thread if you fancy joining in btw ;-)
The expression of disbelief offered at America’s current choice set by you on that side of the pond applies precisely to ours of the decision your voters made. The difference is — we can fix a mistake made in one election with another. There’s an entire thread here devoted to you lot trying to figure out how to fix your mistake because the mechanism doesn’t exist quite the same way, does it?

Seems like the only poster here insecure about me drawing the parallel between the two is you, so see if you can’t figure out why that is.

The polls which show erosion of support for Trump if he's convicted of a felony - which I'm going to take as conviction in the classified document case or in the federal Jan 6th case - were particularly relevant as they were exit polls of Republican caucus voters.

I agree that 30-35% of Trump's base are MAGA diehards who could care less, but that's not the entire Republican electorate.

You're free to discount the polling if you wish, but I think it's relevant.
===
As for what might rescue Democrats absent a Trump felony conviction... numerous factors are in play, particularly abortion. If, in swing states, Democrats are successful in getting abortion rights measures to appear on their ballots, this will have a big impact in turnout of woman voters the vast majority of whom will vote Democrat.

Although it remains to be seen how impactful the House's refusal to take up the bipartisan immigration bill passed by the Senate will be, one would think that the hypocrisy this action lays bare could well sway some few voters.

Then there's the repeated bullshit impeachment attempts that the House keeps trying to pull off. This behavior rankles many folks.

And on and on.

It's really amazing that the race is going to be close. Biden should win this thing by a landslide.
It’s *couldn’t care less.

If you could care less it means you do care at least some amount.

True, it is a mess, but it's arguably better than "let's fuck our economy over forever based on a 15-word referendum because we're afraid of brown people".

Trump and Biden are both gonna die some day. How old will Mr. Brexit be when he croaks?

And your elected-official choices aren't such great shakes either, FYI. But thankfully you haven't out-Trumped Trump yet. Here's hoping you don't, it sucks.
Difference is that the U.K. voting Brexit doesn’t fuck over the rest of the western world and only really harms themselves.

Ps, it wasn’t brown people, it seems more likely it was Eastern Europeans.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.