US Politics Thread

I'd just like to know if the person who is considered to be the most powerful person in the world is capable of the job. I tend to agree that it doesn't look that way anymore. Unfortunately, the alternative is worse.

We were having this same conversation four years ago. The big difference between then and now is Biden’s four years in office on which to judge him. Outside of that, Biden’s gaffe making ability seems stable and consistent :)

I think with Biden, people forget that he's suffered with a profound stutter all of his life which often manifests as being forgetful, or screwing up. There aren't many people on this whole earth who could have forged out a similar political career faced with that kind of a disability.

There is a huge element of double-standards here because lets not forget, Reagan was GENUINELY suffering with a degenerative cognitive disorder well before he left office, and republicans (and most of the media to a degree) let it slide.

Trump at this stage in his presidency was doing very little actual presidenting, preferring to just goof off in the residency watching extreme right wing media and Rage Tweeting about it, playing golf and rerunning his 'greatest hits tour' campaign rally in some other Redneck shithole.

I'd take an unfit Biden over the criminal orange dough boy any day of the week.
His speech impediment is well publicised and I give him a lot of credit for overcoming that, or at least working around it to the extent that he has and reaching the position that he has, because it would have been extremely difficult to do so.

I also agree that his stutter could manifest itself in such a way to make him appear forgetful or uncertain on occasion, particularly when under pressure.

However I think that the evidence, growing evidence unfortunately, is of a much more serious cognitive issue and one that can’t be attributed to his speech impediment. The growing levels of confusion and memory lapses - the Mitterrand and Kohl references for instance - are nothing to do with his stutter. His stutter certainly doesn’t make him think of a Mexico-Gaza land border.

His health is the issue and it’s not at a level which allows him to serve another term.

I think with Biden, people forget that he's suffered with a profound stutter all of his life which often manifests as being forgetful, or screwing up. There aren't many people on this whole earth who could have forged out a similar political career faced with that kind of a disability.

There is a huge element of double-standards here because lets not forget, Reagan was GENUINELY suffering with a degenerative cognitive disorder well before he left office, and republicans (and most of the media to a degree) let it slide.

Trump at this stage in his presidency was doing very little actual presidenting, preferring to just goof off in the residency watching extreme right wing media and Rage Tweeting about it, playing golf and rerunning his 'greatest hits tour' campaign rally in some other Redneck shithole.

I'd take an unfit Biden over the criminal orange dough boy any day of the week.
That’s very true re Reagan but that was a very different, non-24 hr media time.

I agree on your last point. What a mess though.

A republican gifts Trump this shit on a silver platter and Trump's take is that it can't be right because Biden is actively masterminding a massive conspiracy to prosecute him. Incredible.

So much for being the stable genius he described himself as.

Of the many other problems Trump is inflicted with, one of the worst is that he fools himself much more than he does his gullible cult fanatics.

Of course maintaining the idea that he is a legend in his own mind doesn't require much thought on his part because he knew it all along and never had a doubt in his mind. But what scares me is Trump still gets 47% or so in all polls!

Trump is still claiming he was protected by the Presidential Records Act yet the Act specifically and unequivocally states:

"Presidential records automatically transfer into the legal custody of the Archivist as soon as the President leaves office".

Trump is still claiming he was protected by the Presidential Records Act yet the Act specifically and unequivocally states:

"Presidential records automatically transfer into the legal custody of the Archivist as soon as the President leaves office".
Hence Trump stating that he 'likes the poorly educated'.

His base support are simply too dumb to get it.

Biden not doing himself any favours with the Mexico slip, I’m sorry but he shouldn’t be running they need to put someone else forward against Trump.

Biden not doing himself any favours with the Mexico slip, I’m sorry but he shouldn’t be running they need to put someone else forward against Trump.
Who do you suggest?

Maybe the Democrats know that since Biden has the best chance of beating Trump, and that Trump is a motherfucking existential threat to American democracy, so maybe it'd be better if we just let things ride and THEN deal with Biden's age AFTER the election?

I keep wondering why folks can't see that this isn't a normal fucking election -- it's a choice between 1) a lunatic totalitarian and his cult who will wreak havoc on the nation and the world and 2) everyone and everything else.

Remember when they tried to stage that insurrection? Remember that? Somehow I don't think some of you do.

Who do you suggest?

Maybe the Democrats know that since Biden has the best chance of beating Trump, and that Trump is a motherfucking existential threat to American democracy, so maybe it'd be better if we just let things ride and THEN deal with Biden's age AFTER the election?
I mean the obvious suggestion is Newsom, albeit he’s keeping his powder dry for 28.

The concern is that if Biden is the best bet to beat Trump that the Democrats can put forward, they’re in just as dire of a position as the Republican Party are putting forward the likes of Haley and DeSantis.

I suspect a lot more people would be more comfortable voting for Biden if he was running with someone other than Harris. The thought that he will hand over to her in the short term post election will undoubtedly cost them votes.

Fucking DOJ. Fucking Republicunt Robert Hur - the special counsel who led the investigation into Biden's mishandling of top secret document - prepared the most damaging possible report about Biden short of actually finding that criminal charges are warranted. Hur probably wanted to prepare a Beautiful Report for Trump.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.