US Politics Thread

I'm shocked...

She still wants that VP role.
I'm not shocked at all. In fact, I'm surprised that it's taken her so long to endorse Trump after dropping out of the election.

There's no one of character at all - that I know of at the national level in the Republican party - they've all quit or have been driven out of office.

Halley initially opposed Trump out of self-interest - now she's endorsing Trump for the very same reason.

What's worse is that Halley likely has very good insight into Trump's character and what he's capable of. No matter - it's expedient to endorse Trump for her own career - damn the consequences.

I'm not shocked at all. In fact, I'm surprised that it's taken her so long to endorse Trump after dropping out of the election.

There's no one of character at all - that I know of at the national level in the Republican party - they've all quit or have been driven out of office.

Halley initially opposed Trump out of self-interest - now she's endorsing Trump for the very same reason.

What's worse is that Halley likely has very good insight into Trump's character and what he's capable of. No matter - it's expedient to endorse Trump for her own career - damn the consequences.
She’ll look a bit silly if she’s not the chosen one. Nowhere to go then.

By "dismount from Trunps dick", you mean "refuse to agree that he's Hitler, Stalin and Pol Pot rolled into one" and that ultimately you're all being overdramatic muppets because running from one manufactured drama that you have zero control or influence on to another repeatedly for what could possibly turn out to be 12 years is what you have now rather than a hobby.

And I didn't "skedaddle", because of the pointless opinions of stupid zealots about American politicians on a sub forum of a sub forum of a mid sized Man City football forum. This is what I mean, your entire world view is insane. Does that even sound like a remotely reasonable conclusion? Not to anybody else.

I don't really post here because, and let me make this as transparent for you as possible, it's an irrational echo chamber designed by the leadership to quarantine and contain your ridiculous arguments from the general population. You're the special ed forum and while people might tour around, 99% have no desire to watch you impotently rage while tossing each other off.
WTF dude?

Trump may not have plans for mass genocide (Hitler/Stalin/Pol Pot); but as far as being "overdramatic" - I think most posters on this forum are basically spot on. And frankly, in terms of over-dramatic hyperbole, your suggestion that FogBlue considers Trump to be "Hitler, Stalin and Pol Pot rolled into one" - is precisely that - over-dramatic hyperbole.

Trump couldn't give a shit about Democracy; nor does he seem to particularly care about policy - he's exclusively transactional and wants the power of the Presidency only for personal gain - and to avoid prison. The guy tried to overturn the results of a free and fair election - and if not for corruption in the judicial branch, he'd be a convicted felon prior to election day 2024 (and in the matter of the least consequential of his felony indictments - the hush money coverup case in NY - he might well be a convicted felon come election time).

You've hit the thermo-nuclear take-no-prisoners button for God only knows what reason here. You purport to have an open-minded viewpoint (labour canvasser?) - but if your claim is truthful, and yet you honestly believe that Trump isn't a mendacious, self-serving scumbag with dictatorial tendencies - then you have zero ability to think critically about this issue.

Last edited:
WTF dude?

Trump may not have plans for mass genocide (Hitler/Stalin/Pol Pot); but as far as being "overdramatic" - I think most posters on this forum are basically spot on. And frankly, in terms of over-dramatic hyperbole, your suggestion that FogBlue considers Trump to be "Hitler, Stalin and Pol Pot rolled into one" - is precisely that - over-dramatic hyperbole.

Trump couldn't give a shit about Democracy; nor does he seem to particularly care about policy - he's exclusively transactional and wants the power of the Presidency only for personal gain - and to avoid prison. The guy tried to overturn the results of a free and fair election - and if not for corruption in the judicial branch, he'd be a convicted felon prior to election day 2024 (and in the matter of the least consequential of his felony indictments - the hush money coverup case in NY - he might well be a convicted felon come election time).

You've hit the thermo-nuclear take-no-prisoners button for God only knows what reason here. You purport to have an open-minded viewpoint (labour canvasser?) - but if your claim is truthful, and yet you honestly believe that Trump isn't a mendacious, self-serving scumbag with dictatorial tendencies - then you have zero ability to think critically about this issue.

"If you don't agree with my personal opinion, some of which is based in conspiracy and others on my ideas of the personality of a person I've never met or interacted with or even know much about, then you have zero ability to think critically "

Ok cool, thanks for letting me know.

"If you don't agree with my personal opinion, some of which is based in conspiracy and others on my ideas of the personality of a person I've never met or interacted with or even know much about, then you have zero ability to think critically "

Ok cool, thanks for letting me know.
I don’t even know what this means.

Are you saying we should be giving people like Trump and Putin the benefit of the doubt, ignoring the evidence of our eyes and ears, because we don’t know them personally?

How far does this extend? Does it only apply to the living, or should we be giving Hitler, Stalin, and Pal Pot the benefit of the doubt, as well?

Should we ignore what they say they want to do—and what they actually do—because we don’t know them personally, and so could be misinterpreting the literal meaning of the hateful speech or the intent of their heinous actions?

Where does conspiracy begin when assessing, say, their enacted policy and specific action? How large does the universe of policy and action need to be for us to be able to make educated, informed inferences about their meaning and intent?

I don’t even know what this means.

Are you saying we should be giving people like Trump and Putin the benefit of the doubt, ignoring the evidence of our eyes and ears, because we don’t know them personally?

How far does this extend? Does it only apply to the living, or should we be giving Hitler, Stalin, and Pal Pot the benefit of the doubt, as well?

Should we ignore what they say they want to do—and what they actually do—because we don’t know them personally, and so could be misinterpreting the literal meaning of the hateful speech or the intent of their heinous actions?

Where does conspiracy begin when assessing, say, their enacted policy and specific action? How large does the universe of policy and action need to be for us to be able to make educated, informed inferences about their meaning and intent?
I've yet to see a single recent message authored by Domalino Damocles on this thread which is about defending his position logically, offering facts, examples and reason. Instead it's just content free attack post after attack post.

Since he's unwilling to engage in conversation I've put him on ignore.

Last edited:
I've yet to see a single recent message authored by Domalino on this thread which is about defending his position logically, offering facts, examples and reason. Instead it's just content free attack post after attack post.

Since he's unwilling to engage in conversation I've put him on ignore.

Didn't you mean Damocles?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.