US Politics Thread

FWIW - without knowing all the evidence - it seemed to me that Hunter was likely guilty.

Hunter was a heavy drug user who committed tax fraud and for some reason - suicidal thoughts? - bought a gun and lied about drug use in his gun application. His lover found the gun, freaked out and dumped the gun in a trash barrel (pretty irresponsible), thinking that Hunter may have been intending to end his life or that Hunter's children might find the gun and hurt themselves.

Hunter Biden subsequently paid taxes which he was accused of trying to dodge.

That said - cases such as Hunter's - a first time offender - who paid up in taxes - rarely go to trial (per media reports). Indeed, prosecutors reached a plea agreement with Hunter to avoid trial - but the judge in charge rejected the agreement.

Fair ruling? Or politically motivated?

Bingo - Trump appointed judge.
===
I agree with the verdict that Hunter is guilty as charged - why this went to trial in the first place is down to the judge's political bias IMO.

Let's hope that Hunter's sentence is in accord with other offenders of such crimes.

FWIW - without knowing all the evidence - it seemed to me that Hunter was likely guilty.

Hunter was a heavy drug user who committed tax fraud and for some reason - suicidal thoughts? - bought a gun and lied about drug use in his gun application. His lover found the gun, freaked out and dumped the gun in a trash barrel (pretty irresponsible), thinking that Hunter may have been intending to end his life or that Hunter's children might find the gun and hurt themselves.

Hunter Biden subsequently paid taxes which he was accused of trying to dodge.

That said - cases such as Hunter's - a first time offender - who paid up in taxes - rarely go to trial (per media reports). Indeed, prosecutors reached a plea agreement with Hunter to avoid trial - but the judge in charge rejected the agreement.

Fair ruling? Or politically motivated?

Bingo - Trump appointed judge.
===
I agree with the verdict that Hunter is guilty as charged - why this went to trial in the first place is down to the judge's political bias IMO.

Let's hope that Hunter's sentence is in accord with other offenders of such crimes.
On the basis the judge seems to be politically motivated I'd assume he will get jail time.

But he would have a very strong case on appeal.

Well, ha, ha! Funny video and all.

Let's consider Biden's presidency shall we.

Biden took over from a disastrous Trump presidency. COVID was rampant and its effect needlessly much more severe due to the both-for and against vaccination stance of the former president.

The US economy was in shambles.

Fast forward to 2024 - Biden's thoughtful COVID policies and luck - with bad luck COVID could have become much worse, but at least Biden was urging vaccination, wearing of masks, and so on - brought COVID largely under control. Post COVID, the US economy is enjoying one of the largest if not the largest expansion of all nations.

The Biden presidency has faced numerous global challenges - for starters - Russia's invasion of Ukraine.

And most recently, the Hamas attack against Israel and Israel's far to aggressive response.
===
Are the above decisions in accord with the perception that some doddering old fool holds the reigns of US policy making - or - actually - Biden may be the best president ever in US history.
===
I'm far, far closer to the second conclusion...

Well, ha, ha! Funny video and all.

Let's consider Biden's presidency shall we.

Biden took over from a disastrous Trump presidency. COVID was rampant and its effect needlessly much more severe due to the both-for and against vaccination stance of the former president.

The US economy was in shambles.

Fast forward to 2024 - Biden's thoughtful COVID policies and luck - with bad luck COVID could have become much worse, but at least Biden was urging vaccination, wearing of masks, and so on - brought COVID largely under control. Post COVID, the US economy is enjoying one of the largest if not the largest expansion of all nations.

The Biden presidency has faced numerous global challenges - for starters - Russia's invasion of Ukraine.

And most recently, the Hamas attack against Israel and Israel's far to aggressive response.
===
Are the above decisions in accord with the perception that some doddering old fool holds the reigns of US policy making - or - actually - Biden may be the best president ever in US history.
===
I'm far, far closer to the second conclusion...

I’m not sure about best President ever in US history - but he’s in the conversation :)

I’m not sure about best President ever in US history - but he’s in the conversation :)
Unfortunately there are millions of Americans that won’t see beyond the fact that he’s old and not a great communicator.
Hopefully not enough that would vote in the orange criminal.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.