US Politics Thread

The stakes are too high to let any sentiment get in the way.
Trump has achieved a complete hostile takeover of that country now that his pet judges on the court removed all accountability left for him. The knock on effect those idiots have caused will be felt globally when he gets back. It is truly staggering.

Trump has achieved a complete hostile takeover of that country now that his pet judges on the court removed all accountability left for him. The knock on effect those idiots have caused will be felt globally when he gets back. It is truly staggering.
We simply cannot rely upon them any more. Europe I mean. We’ve got to pull together. The alternative is too frightening.

We simply cannot rely upon them any more. Europe I mean. We’ve got to pull together. The alternative is too frightening.
I expect the new government will open negotiations with Europe to discuss improved security arrangements as we can't rely on the colonials should Trump come to power.

BIDEN MUST RESIGN

If the president wants to protect American democracy, he should hand over his office to Kamala Harris.

By Adam Serwer

3 JULY, 2024

BIDEN MUST RESIGN

If the president wants to protect American democracy, he should hand over his office to Kamala Harris.

By Adam Serwer

3 JULY, 2024

To read the link, it seems that you need to subscribe to The Atlantic.

Without having had the opportunity to read the article, isn't withdrawing as candidate for president enough? Resigning from office seems unnecessary, unless Biden's health is far worse than I realize... but if his health is that bad, why is Biden wavering about whether to continue running?

Edit:
Jeffrey Goldberg, editor-in-chief of The Atlantic magazine, now hosts the PBS program Washington Week With The Atlantic. It's a short, 1/2 hour watch, every Friday and provides great insight into current US political issues. Highly recommended!

Last edited:
China (1.39bn), India (1.35bn) USA (328m) and Russia (144.5m) all having "strong man" leaders really doesn't bode well for anyone globally.

To read the link, it seems that you need to subscribe to The Atlantic.

Without having had the opportunity to read the article, isn't withdrawing as candidate for president enough? Resigning from office seems unnecessary, unless Biden's health is far worse than I realize... but if his health is that bad, why is Biden wavering about whether to continue running?

Edit:
Jeffrey Goldberg, editor-in-chief of The Atlantic magazine, now hosts the PBS program Washington Week With The Atlantic. It's a short, 1/2 hour watch, every Friday and provides great insight into current US political issues. Highly recommended!
Strange, I don’t have a subscription and am able to read it without issue.

The argument conveyed by Adam Serwer, very much simplified, is that Harris needs to be given the next 4 months as president to establish credibility as a national leader and commander-in-chief, which itself will give the electorate the confidence that she is the incumbent candidate and is a legitimate alternative to Trump. She is also the only one that can inherit the Biden campaign’s war chest, and running for president as the current vice president presents some fundraising complications, among others.

Beyond that, Biden pulling out of the race, essentially acknowledging that he cannot fulfill the duties of the presidency if elected, whilst remaining president until the election, causes some difficult to answer questions to be raised, both for Biden and for Harris, including about Harris’ judgment.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.