US Politics Thread | Biden withdraws from Presidential election race

If they want Biden to carry on they must want Trump to win.
Yes, don't get it either. I've heard that "it'll be fine with Joe" line a bit from older American commentators.

Or perhaps they basically think Kamala is unelectable as a woman in sexist US, and it's too late to get campaign funds for any other candidate.

The guy has a profound stutter, which he has suffered with his whole life. He's always prone to stumbling and mixing u up his sentences. Biden does a damn site better at public speaking than most non-stuttering people.

Have you heard the other guy's speeches?
Stuttering is not the same as forgetting people's names tho. And talking gibberish. It's a concern that his performances will lose him votes is it not?

Honestly, I do now think this election is being handed to Trump on a plate. Which is a truly horrendous prospect. It's not just that Biden is 81 now. If he gets re-elected he effectively gets a four-year contract. That would take him into his mid-eighties. Crazy, really. Sure, anybody can make a mistake, but it's pretty astonishing to me that you say Putin in a press conference when you mean Zelensky.
Part of my astonishment is that the Democrats have gone from having one of the coolest, sharpest presidents that the United States have ever had to Joe Biden. And that they don't seem to have anyone else as a credible alternative.
There’s plenty of alternatives but none were prepared to stand against Biden out of loyalty and solidarity.

Bobby Robson used to forget people’s name but he was a great manager.
It’s not a brilliant analogy as Robson only managed until he was 72 and it was well-documented at the time that towards the end of his spell at Newcastle it was getting harder for him to command the respect of the players because of his advancing age, most notably Kieran Dyer.

Biden will be 86 when his second term would theoretically end.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.