US Politics Thread | Biden withdraws from Presidential election race

If the voters were being realistic about prospective criteria, Trump would be lucky to get any votes at all irrespective of the Dem nominee. Unfortunately it’s all about perception rather than reality for far too many people.

I am utterly convinced that the same people who voted for Trump and elected him president, and who turned out and tried to re-elect him president — those exact same people, with maybe additional reinforcements, will turn out again in November. They barely seem to care what Trump may be guilty of, they barely seem to care that his discourse is incoherent, often absurd, often full of lies. Some of them may even like him for it. It doesn't matter to them. As you say, it is their perception of him that counts, not the world's. The only thing standing between him being re-elected is if enough Democrat voters, and then a significant reinforcement of the waverers and the habitual non-voters, turn out. In order for that to happen, they have to have a credible candidate. Is it Biden? Maybe. Some prominent Democrats, people who've voted for the party for decades, who've repeatedly been involved in fund-raising activities for the party for decades, people who cannot seriously be accused of simply being manipulated by Fox News etc, don't seem to so sure. I have no dog in this fight. I really don't.

I don’t believe you. And, to quote you, “and don't say it wouldn't be because you are completely lying and/or in denial.”

What’s good for the goose, etc.

Did you ever stop to think about why they might be treated differently? Between a quote on tape from a presidential candidate and the musings of a teenage girl in her diary? Do have a single clue how responsible reporters and media operate?

No. You don’t.

Why would I lie about who I vote on a forum of strangers who have no idea who I am?

You think I give a fuck if you or anyone on here believes me or not? I'm just engaging in conversation, not to lie about what I believe.

I've never voted a right wing party in my life, I just try to be objective when having conversation, I'm a curious person that likes to understand why people think what they think and like to question things.

you have no idea about mine or my family history, I'm first generation British that would never vote to the right for many reasons close to home :) it doesn't mean i have to fawn over anybody on the left though, if there's a reason to be critical.

I voted Labour last week, yet I have no real confidence in them, but it's better than the alternatives. I'm sure I'd be the same if I was in USA

I don't think Joe Biden is or ever was a decent man, that's all. Does it mean I'm right wing?? No.

You're a simpleton if you think someome is right wing for simply stating they don't like Joe Biden. But i must be simple for talking to ignorant thicko's like you on here and expecting a rational conversation without being labled something I'm not just for having an opinion, especially when they know nothing about me or my background.

Last edited:
He's occasionally mixing up the odd word or name whilst he's trying not to stutter. It's something he's done all his political career The media are jumping on him every single time, whilst simultaneously ignoring the other guys rambling, constant word salad. There is only one guy talking gibberish and it isn't Biden.
Well we shall have to agree to dissagree on this one.

Shots fired at trump rally. He got whisked away pretty sharpish, bloodied up but hard to tell if it was from being pushed to the ground by security.

The media are pushing the agenda that Biden is past it because political turmoil and conflict sells.

If they were being genuine and honest in their reporting, Biden would be leading Trump by double figures.
The media set the narrative and do what is best for their master’s. And master’s can be anybody, anybody who has the most money, most influence, they don’t have to have the interest of the country at heart, don’t even have to be a citizen, or live there.

Control the narrative, control power.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.