US Politics Thread

They’re definitely making it a competition to see who is the biggest douche…on a daily basis!

The female who started the pet munching “story” has already admitted she made it up because someone’s cat went missing. She had no idea the “story” would spiral out of control and end up being used as fodder in a presidential debate and numerous TV interviews.

As is often the case with such “created stories,” this one was copied, repeated and amplified by others in the media, under the “reports state…” lead-in. This apparently absolves the speaker of any and all responsibility for truth or accuracy, because they are “just reporting the reports,” no matter how outlandish, ridiculous, racially loaded, or otherwise.

It’s like the old nuggets that begin, “Oh, I heard…” even you the speaker provides (nor wants or attempts to) zero veracity for what comes next!

“Oh, I heard Donald Trump poops his diaper and is so nose blind to it, he has no idea how badly he smells.” It’s a perfect story, as others have openly stated they have firsthand knowledge he smells, so it must be true, right?!

“Oh, I heard Joe Biden received millions of dollars from (fill in the blank) for access to him while when Hunter was drugged up and working for the Ukraians!” Again, we have verified info that Hunter worked for a Ukrainian company and what could he possibly have been getting paid for as he’s a no-good drug addict, so the money must have been being funneled to Joe for access and info, right? And, just look at all the support he’s given them…it’s obvious!!

And, so it goes during silly season!

We hope our politicians and reporters are better than this, but in 2024 they are not, and it’s not a recent trend. After all, I heard Barack HUSSEIN Obama was born in Kenya and doesn’t have a legal U.S. birth certificate…amirite or amirite?!

SMH

By "create stories" I am assuming he means bring real stories to the forefront, rather than just making them up.

Did anyone counter the stories in the minutes of those council meetings @Dax777 quoted on here. It seemed there was a real background to the stories even if they were emphasised beyond their importance? That's just politics, I think.
He meant creating the memes that popularized the 'real' claims made by people in that community.

And to answer your question, no, no one did. The City manager, the guy who CNN likes quoting as saying there was no evidence simply sat there and said thank you.

It might be true there's no evidence supporting some of the claims, but what's clear is that the City board is purposely doing it's best to not investigate anything.

One of the speakers at the meeting, has to opine that the only conclusion he can reach is that there are people making money on this situation... Coz he can't figure out why no one is interested nostter how many videos he produces... He specifically was more interested in the spike of accidents and the ease of obtaining licences by the migrants.

There is clear corruption here... Corruption hiding in plain sight coz idiots are playing : my team's I don't care.

I had to go back to this. The key section here is the admission that "creating stories" seems to be the thing here.

"There are many town hall meetings documenting the many varied number issues the town is having due to the population increase . Reducing the issues to whether immigrants are eating pets is wholly idiotic."

Trump and Vance are not "reducing" the issue, they're amplifying it. Nice to have a recognition that it's not just silly but idiotic.

If I've got this right, Dax has heard someone in a meeting say that they knew someone who said someone else had seen someone killing a cat....

One of the "issues" is that the town has got new factories that the locals don't want to work in, so Haitian legal migrants have taken the jobs.

Of course, you can have Dax as your chosen source, or Snopes.

Again, nooo. There are multiple complaints about a myriad of issues. Missing pets being one of them.

1. CNN and the City police confirmed 2 calls of people calling reporting someone grabbing the geese in the park. Long before "missing pets" became a story. But apparently, 2 calls unresponded to is not evidence. Just hate.

And to be clear, Vance did not "create the story" despite the existence of an out of context interview clip claiming as much. What he "created" were the memes about the 'Real complaints" being put forward by resident of a town that have had their public services stretched thin by a corrupt program that flooded the small town with an excessive number of immigrants creating massive economic, social and cultural strains.

If you're a senator and genuinely concerned about something happening in your constituency surely you do a bit of investigating, make some calls, maybe even pay a visit and see for yourself.

What you don't do is go on TV and lie about the legal status of the migrants when you've been repeatedly told they are there legally. And when it's pointed out to you that words have consequences, and that your words are creating problems in the community you don't double down, and then have the cheek to blame it all on the media.

The thought of him taking over from Trump is almost as scary as Trump being in a position for him to take over.
What consequences does his words have other than bring light to a corrupt system that has now been suspended?

Again, nooo. There are multiple complaints about a myriad of issues. Missing pets being one of them.

1. CNN and the City police confirmed 2 calls of people calling reporting someone grabbing the geese in the park. Long before "missing pets" became a story. But apparently, 2 calls unresponded to is not evidence. Just hate.

And to be clear, Vance did not "create the story" despite the existence of an out of context interview clip claiming as much. What he "created" were the memes about the 'Real complaints" being put forward by resident of a town that have had their public services stretched thin by a corrupt program that flooded the small town with an excessive number of immigrants creating massive economic, social and cultural strains.
Is anyone missing rabbits? If so there are plenty of rabbits holes free for you to go down....... oops sorry you have already done that.

Gaslighting.

Nah. Above is a released 911 call from Springfield.

Second, if you watched the meeting video. YouTube seems to have disappeared them, I'm sure you remember the black guy in a red hoodie making a similar claim and accusing the board of purposely ignoring the issue. Even speculating that someone must be making money off this. In essence suspecting that the feet dragging can only be a function of someone making money off these issues.

Feel free to gaslight yourself. But don't pretend that's someone else's bag

Nah. Above is a released 911 call from Springfield.

Second, if you watched the meeting video. YouTube seems to have disappeared them, I'm sure you remember the black guy in a red hoodie making a similar claim and accusing the board of purposely ignoring the issue. Even speculating that someone must be making money off this. In essence suspecting that the feet dragging can only be a function of someone making money off these issues.

Feel free to gaslight yourself. But don't pretend that's someone else's bag

Why am I not surprised?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.