US Politics Thread

“At least he’s honest about lying.”

— Dax, probably

By "create stories" I am assuming he means bring real stories to the forefront, rather than just making them up.

Did anyone counter the stories in the minutes of those council meetings @Dax777 quoted on here. It seemed there was a real background to the stories even if they were emphasised beyond their importance? That's just politics, I think.

By "create stories" I am assuming he means bring real stories to the forefront, rather than just making them up.

Did anyone counter the stories in the minutes of those council meetings @Dax777 quoted on here. It seemed there was a real background to the stories even if they were emphasised beyond their importance? That's just politics, I think.

'Stories' is about right. Anyone can go on TV and parrot an unsubstantiated rumours as fact, which is precisely what Vance has done here. He knew exactly what he was doing.

'Stories' is about right. Anyone can go on TV and parrot an unsubstantiated rumours as fact, which is precisely what Vance has done here. He knew exactly what he was doing.

Of course he knew what he was doing, my question was if these rumours were unsubstantiated, or did @Dax777 's council minutes substantiate them to a degree. I don't know. Just asking.

Trump is just silly bringing up unimportant issues. But that has no relation to whether one should investigate claims beyond asking the government official.

Contrary to uninformed opinions here, it wasn't some random woman on YouTube making weird claims.

It was multiple members or residence of the town at the town's board meeting. Talking about the different issues affecting the town as a result of the huge influx of new immigrants into this particular town.

A town of 60,000 people taking in 15 to 20,000 new immigrants is no small joke.
1Q and
There are many town hall meetings documenting the many varied number issues the town is having due to the population increase . Reducing the issues to whether immigrants are eating pets is wholly idiotic.

The claims about missing pets and killing ducks in the park occurred in numerous town board meetings in the town, Springfield. But there were far more important and relevant issues broached at those meetings. The rise in homelessness, the rise in car accidents specifically related to the immigrant. And this has nothing to do with them being immigrants but rather with whatever the policy is regarding how they secure drivers license.

The Landlords in the community tripling their rent prices because there is a government program paying triple the amount to house new immigrants.

The issues with government services, including veterans not being able to get their issues address because the system is overwhelmed. The cadre of issues relayed to this is far and wide.

Only idiots think this is simply about immigrants and pets.

No. I'm not. But this is the impression the CNN types want everyone to have. As if the real issues here are pets.

Bit to be clear, as someone who has actually listened to 3 of the recorded meetings related to those issues, one person said there were missing pets. Another person, a black man running for mayor in the town, said some of the immigrants catch the geese on the public park and take them home... This by the way was a side point. His real issue ( lots of which he documented) was the rise in accidents mostly related to the new immigrants that seems to be related to how they are getting drivers licenses so easily in the town.

This guy, himself a black man, has no issues with the Haitian, bit hassues eith the secrecy associated with all the programs related to their arrival.

There are many issues to get to the bottom of for anyone who's an investigative journalist here.

But it doesn't matter. This is a team sport now. If it's my teatr I don't care.
What is wrong :(
I had to go back to this. The key section here is the admission that "creating stories" seems to be the thing here.

"There are many town hall meetings documenting the many varied number issues the town is having due to the population increase . Reducing the issues to whether immigrants are eating pets is wholly idiotic."

Trump and Vance are not "reducing" the issue, they're amplifying it. Nice to have a recognition that it's not just silly but idiotic.

If I've got this right, Dax has heard someone in a meeting say that they knew someone who said someone else had seen someone killing a cat....

One of the "issues" is that the town has got new factories that the locals don't want to work in, so Haitian legal migrants have taken the jobs.

Of course, you can have Dax as your chosen source, or Snopes.

I watched the Springfield City Comission in which citizens came forward with complaints. Not once were missing pets mentioned.

Trump is just silly bringing up unimportant issues. But that has no relation to whether one should investigate claims beyond asking the government official.

Contrary to uninformed opinions here, it wasn't some random woman on YouTube making weird claims.

It was multiple members or residence of the town at the town's board meeting. Talking about the different issues affecting the town as a result of the huge influx of new immigrants into this particular town.

A town of 60,000 people taking in 15 to 20,000 new immigrants is no small joke.
1Q and
There are many town hall meetings documenting the many varied number issues the town is having due to the population increase . Reducing the issues to whether immigrants are eating pets is wholly idiotic.

The claims about missing pets and killing ducks in the park occurred in numerous town board meetings in the town, Springfield. But there were far more important and relevant issues broached at those meetings. The rise in homelessness, the rise in car accidents specifically related to the immigrant. And this has nothing to do with them being immigrants but rather with whatever the policy is regarding how they secure drivers license.

The Landlords in the community tripling their rent prices because there is a government program paying triple the amount to house new immigrants.

The issues with government services, including veterans not being able to get their issues address because the system is overwhelmed. The cadre of issues relayed to this is far and wide.

Only idiots think this is simply about immigrants and pets.

No. I'm not. But this is the impression the CNN types want everyone to have. As if the real issues here are pets.

Bit to be clear, as someone who has actually listened to 3 of the recorded meetings related to those issues, one person said there were missing pets. Another person, a black man running for mayor in the town, said some of the immigrants catch the geese on the public park and take them home... This by the way was a side point. His real issue ( lots of which he documented) was the rise in accidents mostly related to the new immigrants that seems to be related to how they are getting drivers licenses so easily in the town.

This guy, himself a black man, has no issues with the Haitian, bit has issues eith the secrecy associated with all the programs related to their arrival.

There are many issues to get to the bottom of for anyone who's an investigative journalist here.

But it doesn't matter. This is a team sport now. If it's my team I don't care.
What is wrong :(
Gaslighting.

Of course he knew what he was doing, my question was if these rumours were unsubstantiated, or did @Dax777 's council minutes substantiate them to a degree. I don't know. Just asking.
I've got him on ignore, so I don't know what he said.

From my understanding, most of the rumours have been debunked, and any that haven't have not been substantiated, or backed up with actual evidence.

I've got him on ignore, so I don't know what he said.

From my understanding, most of the rumours have been debunked, and any that haven't have not been substantiated, or backed up with actual evidence.

Fair enough. My only point was that the rumours had a source, even if it was later "debunked". So what Vance may have meant when he said he "creates stories" was that he recounts, poo probably embellishes, relatively unknown stories for effect, which is normal for a politician, rather than "creating stories" in the sense of making them up. What Trump did, of course, was run with it and turn it into a crazy story, which is normal for a Trump. Not particularly nice of Vance but he didn't get where he is today by being nice, I imagine.

The whole thing, and how it is covered on here, reminds me of Simon Pearce and his "arranging payments" which can be interpreted two ways whether you are a City fan or a rival club fan.

Not sure it's healthy.

If you're a senator and genuinely concerned about something happening in your constituency surely you do a bit of investigating, make some calls, maybe even pay a visit and see for yourself.

What you don't do is go on TV and lie about the legal status of the migrants when you've been repeatedly told they are there legally. And when it's pointed out to you that words have consequences, and that your words are creating problems in the community you don't double down, and then have the cheek to blame it all on the media.

The thought of him taking over from Trump is almost as scary as Trump being in a position for him to take over.

If you're a senator and genuinely concerned about something happening in your constituency surely you do a bit of investigating, make some calls, maybe even pay a visit and see for yourself.

What you don't do is go on TV and lie about the legal status of the migrants when you've been repeatedly told they are there legally. And when it's pointed out to you that words have consequences, and that your words are creating problems in the community you don't double down, and then have the cheek to blame it all on the media.

The thought of him taking over from Trump is almost as scary as Trump being in a position for him to take over.
They’re definitely making it a competition to see who is the biggest douche…on a daily basis!

The female who started the pet munching “story” has already admitted she made it up because someone’s cat went missing. She had no idea the “story” would spiral out of control and end up being used as fodder in a presidential debate and numerous TV interviews.

As is often the case with such “created stories,” this one was copied, repeated and amplified by others in the media, under the “reports state…” lead-in. This apparently absolves the speaker of any and all responsibility for truth or accuracy, because they are “just reporting the reports,” no matter how outlandish, ridiculous, racially loaded, or otherwise.

It’s like the old nuggets that begin, “Oh, I heard…” even you the speaker provides (nor wants or attempts to) zero veracity for what comes next!

“Oh, I heard Donald Trump poops his diaper and is so nose blind to it, he has no idea how badly he smells.” It’s a perfect story, as others have openly stated they have firsthand knowledge he smells, so it must be true, right?!

“Oh, I heard Joe Biden received millions of dollars from (fill in the blank) for access to him while when Hunter was drugged up and working for the Ukraians!” Again, we have verified info that Hunter worked for a Ukrainian company and what could he possibly have been getting paid for as he’s a no-good drug addict, so the money must have been being funneled to Joe for access and info, right? And, just look at all the support he’s given them…it’s obvious!!

And, so it goes during silly season!

We hope our politicians and reporters are better than this, but in 2024 they are not, and it’s not a recent trend. After all, I heard Barack HUSSEIN Obama was born in Kenya and doesn’t have a legal U.S. birth certificate…amirite or amirite?!

SMH

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.