US Politics Thread

I'm sure there are other candidates they could vote for - even if it's just as a one off protest. They are just hedging their bets so whatever the outcome they can claim to be on the 'right' side and keep their power/jobs.
Liz Cheney lost her job. The reason more haven’t stood up is specifically because they are afraid being primaried by MAGA-types. To stand up against him while in office as a GOP member now isn’t a hedge, it’s political suicide.

We're often told that 'hung' parliaments are a bad thing but I'm coming around to the idea that some form of PR would keep the nutters in check (here and in the US)
The more I see of the likes of American and even UK politics and election options, the more I appreciate out PR-STV system.

You vote in local people to parliament of whatever party or none and when the numbers are finalised it up to them all to form a government.

Greatest example here is that for the first time ever the popular (young) vote went to Sinn Fein, but the two traditional enemies Fine Gael and Fianna Fáil formed a coalition together with Green Party and an independent or two to make up the numbers.

By and large it has worked with the Leadership (Taoiseach) being shared 50/50 between the two main parties.

Let me explain this to you guys from the other side.

They don't care. January 6th is only important to MSNBC types.

Side note: I don't care what SWP has to say either.
Let me explain something to you.
There is a difference between being creatively controversial and being a dumbass.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.