US pre season tour

warhawkmoski said:
I hope they continue to add games to the tour. They need to bring one to the midwest, there is a huge following of the game in cities such as Chicago, St. Louis, Columbus, Kansas City, Milwaukee and others. Bring one to Chicago, it's the perfect location. Please please please bring one to somewhere other than the east and west coast.

This i agree 100 % with, Chicago would be perfect! As the England vs USA game proved some time ago, if you build it......they will come !!

Windy city has my vote as well :-) !!

BufordUSABlue said:
warhawkmoski said:
I hope they continue to add games to the tour. They need to bring one to the midwest, there is a huge following of the game in cities such as Chicago, St. Louis, Columbus, Kansas City, Milwaukee and others. Bring one to Chicago, it's the perfect location. Please please please bring one to somewhere other than the east and west coast.

This i agree 100 % with, Chicago would be perfect! As the England vs USA game proved some time ago, if you build it......they will come !!

Thanks for the support.

shame the under armour shirt sponsorship fell through... UA is a homegrown baltimore business and would have thrown one hell of a party for the City match

Although i posted this as a seprate topic, as i didnt want this offer of help to get lost in this topic.

If any Blues are thinking of coming over and need advice from an exiled-Manc, who has lived in Georgia for nearly 10 years now, the last 8.1/2 in Buford, which is 50 miles or so North of Atlanta, please let me know and i will be only too glad to help anyone with;

Advice on where to stay and cost
Places to drink
Places to eat
Things to do in Atlanta - There are 2 main areas. Downtown-Midtown-Buckhead really, all of which are very accesible by MARTA (a train something like the Metro)
Places to go close by to make a trip out of visiting Georgia

Anything really, so feel free to ask fellow Blues......advice all be free :-)!

CTID - And beyond!<br /><br />-- Thu May 13, 2010 8:40 am --<br /><br />
warhawkmoski said:
BufordUSABlue said:

Thanks for the support.

YMTW welcome Blue - i love Chicago (A little less in the the winter though..... :-) !)

heu buford we are going to be staying in buckhead, i know its where all the bars are etc but how far is that from downtown

City fans going to the Club America game should be wary of opposing fans.
Not exactly like playing against Millwall in the 80's but from my experience in L.A. Mexican footy fans are very brave when they have big numbers at picking on rivals fans in small groups.
They certainly don't think twice about having a go at lone fans either.........wankers.

Hollywood Blue said:
Not exactly like playing against Millwall in the 80's but from my experience in L.A. Mexican footy fans are very brave when they have big numbers at picking on rivals fans in small groups.
They certainly don't think twice about having a go at lone fans either.........wankers.

We will feel right at home then...

S04 said:
Hollywood Blue said:

They are considered the ManU of Mexican footy, so it would be like a trip to the swamp, only without the Norwich scarfs.

pissedagain said:
heu buford we are going to be staying in buckhead, i know its where all the bars are etc but how far is that from downtown

Hey PA,

Buckhead is on the MARTA line and about 10 mins from downtown, you will have to change trains but its no biggie, i can get ya all the details if you like....and MARTA is cheap, about $2.50 i think now (its just gone up!) but again i will find out for sure and let ya know. Dont drive as its a nightmare all around there to downtown with traffic - as bad as LA seriously in rush hour (which lasts about 3 hours minimum!)

Buckhead has some decent bars, there is a huge Irish Bar called Fado's (Pronounced Fiddo's!) which has just been knocked down and rebuilt, its excellent and is sports mad with loads of TV's....i will probably start off there myself..

There are some excellent places to eat in Buckhead also and some great malls if you fancy doing some shopping.

If you are flying in, take the MARTA train straight from the airport to Buckhead and depending where you are staying you can walk or get a cab pal.

Let me know if you need anymore info mate.<br /><br />-- Sat May 15, 2010 3:11 pm --<br /><br />
Hollywood Blue said:
S04 said:

They are considered the ManU of Mexican footy, so it would be like a trip to the swamp, only without the Norwich scarfs.

This, but if traveling via MARTA you should be fine as there will always be plenty of people around, just keep your wits about you and dont do anything silly like walk the streets alone - but there again i wouldnt do that in most cities in England anyway so its no different!

They will have huge numbers for sure and are brave in packs for sure, but usualy dont go looking for it, especially if you are with WAG's but may come out with some 'clever' somewhat crude remarks if they are in numbers!

I can give you some like remarks in their lingo if you like!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.