US Presidential Race 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Knowing who Hitler is, is not following German politics is it
merkel-in-cyprus-atm.jpg

Do I think international tensions between the USA and Russia will be raised if Clinton wins - probably. However tensions between Russia and the rest of the Western world including Britain will go up hugely if Trump wins. That's because Putin knows he can do what the fuck he wants in the rest of the world and the Americans will ignore it. A bit of tension between Russia and the US helps keep the lid on things. I'm not including Syria in this as it's a total clusterfuck whatever happens.
I think US/Russia tensions would ease if Trump wins (depending on other people's say in military/govt. and if Trump changes his tune). I agree a bit of tension is needed and it's unreasonable to expect one side not to want to get the upper hand until the other is a non-threat, just with the current climate I think the world needs that balance between the US/Russia and at the moment it looks a bit too much in favour of the US to be comfortable. It'd be the same, probably worse because of the differences, if Russia had that edge. If either gets too much of an edge, the consequences aren't favourable at the moment.

Again, knowing who Merkel is, is not following German politics is it?
Do we have news channels dedicated to German elections as i'm sure there is today?. Are they're boards on football forums 375 pages long discussing the pro's and cons of each candidate and their policies? probably not even a mention.

No it's just an almost deep-set psychological obsession with all things American probably anchored by jealousy, you know the one that got away and thrived or is it because we have a "special relationship" with them? I mean Obama comes here and it's all over the news and made a deal of, Cameron went there and no-one batted an eye.

Meanwhile US troops are on the ground in Syria planning a "Local administration" in Raqqa.

They've effectively invaded a sovereign state without a murmer.

Again, knowing who Merkel is, is not following German politics is it?
Do we have news channels dedicated to German elections as i'm sure there is today?. Are they're boards on football forums 375 pages long discussing the pro's and cons of each candidate and their policies? probably not even a mention.

No it's just an almost deep-set psychological obsession with all things American probably anchored by jealousy, you know the one that got away and thrived or is it because we have a "special relationship" with them? I mean Obama comes here and it's all over the news and made a deal of, Cameron went there and no-one batted an eye.

Probably because ones a global war mongering superpower and the others a member state of the EU (which the UK is still part of). That's like a New Yorker asking why the Russian presidential elections got more media coverage in New York than the Missouri Senate elections. Plus most European politicians are happy to be out of the limelight, Berlusconi is a good example of one who wasn't and was never out of the news.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.