US Presidential Race 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Adrain99,thanks for the post detailing Trumps tax reforms they sound like very sound economics, dont expect many on here to read them or address the benefits though

I've read them. Isn't it nice that he's going to give the average household a $1,000 income tax cut to go with the $3 million+ one he wants to award himself? Brilliant that he can cut income tax and corporation tax without in fact taking in any less tax as well. Real 2+1=10 economics there.

I've read them. Isn't it nice that he's going to give the average household a $1,000 income tax cut to go with the $3 million+ one he wants to award himself? Brilliant that he can cut income tax and corporation tax without in fact taking in any less tax as well. Real 2+1=10 economics there.
But Fox News says that cutting taxes always increases revenue. I think it's just sound thinking and I'm so confident in it that I'm going to stop working and just sit back and watch the cash roll in!

It's actually fairly standard economics. If you cut tax then more money flows and more people are able to pay the lower tax rates. From a business point of view, you're much more likely to set up in the US if it has favourable taxes so the US gets some money that it otherwise wouldn't. On the other side of the coin, if you have extremely high tax rates then those affected by them (the very rich and businesses) will do as much as they can to avoid them, either by spending a bit on a good accountant to avoid the tax (working out cheaper for them) or by moving elsewhere. In that scenario the US gets no part at all of the massive pie.

Obviously, there is a line somewhere in the middle but nobody can be certain where that is.

It's not in giving the richest members of society a 50% tax cut.

It is if you attract the same number of 'the richest members of society' to your country because of it (or stop them leaving).

Note, I don't necessarily think Trump's right - I don't have nearly enough information to make that judgement. However, the idea that lower taxes will always lead to a lower tax take and higher taxes will lead to a higher tax take is false.

It is if you attract the same number of 'the richest members of society' to your country because of it (or stop them leaving).

Note, I don't necessarily think Trump's right - I don't have nearly enough information to make that judgement. However, the idea that lower taxes will always lead to a lower tax take and higher taxes will lead to a higher tax take is false.

It's part one of the usual Boston school spiel. Blindside the middle class while giving them tiny tax cuts while giving huge ones to the rich, paid for by relentlessly cutting state funding (costing jobs due to a lack of support and infrastructure for domestic SMEs) then when all the corporates decide they don't want to pay the cost of living and obey human rights law somewhere like the states or Europe because it's still more profitable to do it in China or Indonesia, you tell people that they're paid too much and have too many rights and it's time to dip below the bread line so the shareholders of the corporates can make some more money they don't need. If they keep complaining blame immigrants or the disabled.

Growth, returning jobs and revenues is a huge part of the plan as is the cut in Corporation tax. Trump has consistently talked of jobs and business returning to the US creating growth and greater tax revenues, reducing US taxes has in the past also lead to growth. The guy I heard talking positively about Trumps tax plan was Lawrence Kudlow, who knows your source may prove right but something different has to be tried how much worse can it be than what the great leftist hope Obama has achieved, how much has US national debt grown under him? I do expect that Trumps plan will be bad for all outside the US but why should he care about us.
What Trump wants to do is cut tax revenue by 25% without cutting spending and hoping the expected stimulus to the economy will fill the gap, along with raising tariffs on imports and expecting other countries not to reciprocate. It's all pure fantasy and would cripple the USA if he were allowed to implement his ideas. Well done in finding one daft economist who agrees with him. No-one else does.

Trump is worth $10 billion he must be really stupid, if his numbers were not right the leftist media would have been all over them. Racist you say care to give an example rather than just throw out the word. War monger? Where and how so? Typical leftist rubbish the very reason so many the protesters when asked can not give a single reason why they are there, other than the words you use, when asked for examples silence follows.
He claims he is worth 10 billion , every other credible source claims about 4 billion. He was left a sum somewhere between 50 and 200m in the early 70's and given more when his father was alive. A decent indexed fund at the higher end would be worth 8 billion today? So is he successful or is he just the rich son of a slum Lord who managed to maintain that wealth?

Warmonger " I would bomb the shit out of them" his words not mine
Racist - Mexicans are drug dealers, thieves and racists we need to build a wall - again his agenda . All Muslims should be banned from entering America - his words not mine.

Etc

Hating trump is not leftist Cruz hates him more than anyone as do the tea party and you could not get more right wing.

I hope you are a troll and not displaying a level of intelligence that his voters who even trump publicly admits are stupid do. When a candidate gets told his supporters are stupid and agrees and says he lives stupid people that says a lot

So you think we should play be the rules with terrorists, terrorists who walk into airports and explode bombs killing innocent people. Do you think we played by the rules when we fought WW2 or are you one of these apologists against area bombing, a policy aimed to dehouse the civilian population of Germany and not taking prisoners on D Day? Many of us do not and are sick of being held back by liberal rules, whatever it takes to defeat ISIS and Islamic terror is OK by me including carpet bombing in Syria & Iraq, waterboarding and worse of suspects to gain information and yes killing family members too. Fighting a war by the rules when your enemy does not is just pure stupidity. Your view is the very reason the west is no longer respected, ISIS know too many of our people are weak and spineless and as a result can be beaten, our leaders can not even say the words Islamic State or Islamic terrorism. Your Trump item is from before he entered the race, as a businessman he was doing what everyone else was doing producing in the lowest cost country to be competitive. It is this low cost of production aided by currency manipulation and export subsidies that is exporting US jobs to China and that Trump now seeks to address.
Honestly why not Go and join ISIS you will find they share many of your values and your hate of western liberal values . You may not get back in if you don't like it but you probably will! The definition of weakness is selling out what you believe in and jumping on to share the values of your enemy because you are so afraid. Your post is far more Quisling than Churchill.

What Trump wants to do is cut tax revenue by 25% without cutting spending and hoping the expected stimulus to the economy will fill the gap, along with raising tariffs on imports and expecting other countries not to reciprocate. It's all pure fantasy and would cripple the USA if he were allowed to implement his ideas. Well done in finding one daft economist who agrees with him. No-one else does.
It is comical but he never intends to win and knows he will never be tested - overall he is gambling on whether his voters are quite as stupid as he thinks they are

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.