US tour starts with Portland training camp (at the NIKE)

This has got to be some sort of joke. They schedule the game in a damn college field, and then don't sell individual ticket? I thought Portland was supposed to be "Soccer City USA". I'll probably buy the tickets off ebay, but with seating that limited who knows what I am going to have to pay. They should have played the game in Seattle vs the Sounders. Then at least there would be people there to watch it.

Can anyone name an ex City player who played for Portland Timbers?
A mate of mine lived next door to him and he sent him a pair of Nike boots
which he gave to me. At that time nobody over hear
had ever heard of Nike. I think he made his debut at the same time as Brian Kidd.

Wasn't thinking of Stuart Lee, but I do remember him making his debut against West Brom.
Bobby Shinton was in the team and Donachie looked lost in midfield. I think Allison was manager.
Keep guessing!<br /><br />-- Fri May 14, 2010 12:37 pm --<br /><br />OK I'll put you all out of your misery then.

Answer. Jimmy Conway

with regards to the us tour, the thomas cook package looks decent value for money, however it misses out the game in atlanta as its only for the new york game.

question for us of a blues, whats the best airline for getting to the US from England and the best for inter-state travel i.e. new york to atlanta. i'v looked at ba prices and they're a joke.

Hollywood Blue said:
Just been on the phone with their ticket office, it's a no go for tickets.
Sent and e-mail to City and a couple of mates that will probably be coming over for it.
If that doesn't help it looks like I'll be buying from e-bay of off a tout on the day of the match.
If not, I'll fucking jib it in and re-live my teen years.

That's my plan! I'm gonna head down to the field sometime in the next week or so and see if there's a decent place to watch from just outside the field, as it's a small one there's a good chance there will be. I'll post on here if there is any developments. Also check out this link <a class="postlink" href="http://www.stubhub.com/portland-timbers-tickets/timbers-vs-fc-7-17-2010-964228/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.stubhub.com/portland-timbers ... 10-964228/</a> It's where most Americans buy their tickets now days for hard to get events.

DalbeyINUK said:
I live in Portland. I'm hoping to go, but I'll tell you right now there is NO WAY I'm buying season tickets to the Timbers just to see one match City or no. It's absolutely ridiculous the requirements for this. Why should I spend 350 dollars plus the cost of the City match? The Timbers are awful and painful to watch play. I'm so ticked at this. I'm just hoping I can buy a ticket or two from scalpers, otherwise I can't go. The Nike campus is beautiful though. Almost totally inaccessible to the public however so training reports will be very hard to get while they're here.

Will still try though ;)

The cheapest season tickets are $216 and supposedly prorated season tickets are on sale Saturday. If I can manage the whole trip including airfare and 1 night hotel for $500 or less, I'm going to do it. Then it's off to New York for a week to see both City matches there.

ltr said:
DalbeyINUK said:
I live in Portland. I'm hoping to go, but I'll tell you right now there is NO WAY I'm buying season tickets to the Timbers just to see one match City or no. It's absolutely ridiculous the requirements for this. Why should I spend 350 dollars plus the cost of the City match? The Timbers are awful and painful to watch play. I'm so ticked at this. I'm just hoping I can buy a ticket or two from scalpers, otherwise I can't go. The Nike campus is beautiful though. Almost totally inaccessible to the public however so training reports will be very hard to get while they're here.

Will still try though ;)

The cheapest season tickets are $216 and supposedly prorated season tickets are on sale Saturday. If I can manage the whole trip including airfare and 1 night hotel for $500 or less, I'm going to do it. Then it's off to New York for a week to see both City matches there.

i called this morning and general admission season tickets are going for 168 dollars as of tomorrow at ten am pacific time. That is for the remaining 11 home games the boca juniors match and the city match. You get one ticket to the city match per season ticket and no possibility of more without buying another season ticket. At least they've pro rated the cost some. Still a lo but I will probably pay as I can't get back to Manchester for a real match for another year still.

This is a ridiculous and sad situation for those of us on the West Coast. I was really looking forward to this, and hoping to take my girlfriend and best mates but it doesn't look possible now. Keep us updated on a good place to watch outside the ground, though one would imagine it will be crawling with security on the day of...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.