Us v PSG

NipHolmes said:
supercrystal7 said:
MSP said:
PSG bought better and I think they're better team overall. More balanced and mentally stronger. Match could go ether way of course.
It's not a question of buying better, but being able to attract bigger stars. PSG can attract the biggest stars in the game where as City could not so it's harder for City to get players. As for balance I don't see it at all with PSG. Blanc is doing a good job, but he is still fighting through the politics and trying to play people who deserve it on merit rather than the big name.

Balls.

PSG play is a wank league. Tax threshold is 75% and looming.

PSG have bought well but City have bought better. PSG paid £200m for Cavani, Moura, Marquinhos, Pastore and Silva. City got Aguero, Negredo, Silva, Nasri, Yaya, Navas, Nastasic and Fernandinho for same price. PSG have simply blown everyone out the water when it comes to bidding but fact is their league is shit and the tax system will cripple it further. Just you wait and see. As for PSG v City, I think it is even, I think the future is brighter for blue, look at the academy for proof.
I am not talking about what may happen if the tax laws are brought in but the present. You very selectively left out that they bought Zlatan for under 20 million.

As I pointed out City have bought better in terms of players fitting a formation and working together, but Cavani is better than Negredo, Zlatan better than Aguero, Moura better than Navas, Thiago Silva better than Kompany. Only in Toure and Silva do you have the better player. However, football is more than just having the best players as Madrid keep finding out. You need players that work together and have styles that match, which is why Mata finds himself on the bench or why RVN was replaced with Saha.<br /><br />-- Mon Nov 25, 2013 3:17 pm --<br /><br />
mancity dan said:
supercrystal7 said:
MillionDollarDream said:
PSG's squad is severely unbalanced. People talk about the gap in quality after our best XI, PSG's is even worse. I think some fans are just intimidated by the "bigger names" on paper vs how our squad actually stacks up. We are pretty even if not better than a PSG and play in a tougher league. Our midfield is better than theirs and they would have to deal with Aguero Negredo Silva and Navas or even Nasri while we really on have to worry about Ibrahimovic. Cavani more times than not comes off the bench or will play out of position in a 4-3-3 w/ Lavezzi, either way we can nullify those three.

The PSG team is very unbalanced, but it's not just bigger names, but they have better players too except for midfield. The City team is better put together, works better and I think would win. PSG still have quite good depth. Marquinhos, Lucas Moura, Menez, Pastore, Maxwell and Van der Weil are pretty good options to have on the bench.

If he is constantly on the bench get him over here. He would be excellent in our team.
I am not a fan. Huge hype around him, but has been poor for PSG and only really got games at the start due to the immense transfer fee. I don't think he is better than Nasri or think he would help your team much unless Silva was leaving.

I think the teams are about even on paper, maybe PSG slightly stronger, but I don't think Laurent Blanc is that great of a manager.

Were both very evenly matched however I think we would come out on top. I think we have the better team overall.

pang said:
Our owner and psg owner who are much rich ? my first laungage is not englsih sorry ....
It's difficult to say how much either in has within it's spending power. Paris are owned by the Qatar Investment Authority which is a company set up from the government's actual Sovereign Wealth Fund to invest money into a variety of global businesses from surplus money the government makes from oil and gas. "QIA is estimated to hold in excess of $60 billion of assets, an amount that will significantly increase by 2011 as the state completes its expansion projects to become the world's largest liquefied natural gas exporter with 77 million tons output capacity."

The Abu Dhabi United Group for Develolment and Investment is not a sovereign wealth fund, it is a private equity company. This is different and is probably a much less lucrative company than Paris' owners. ADUG was the company that took us over but we are now 100% owned by HH Sheikh Mansour bin Zayed Al Nahyan, one man, with a a net worth of $17b. This is much less than QIA's funds.

To say we're the richest would probably be false.

The owner of Shakhtar Donetsk has around the same amount of net worth as Sheikh Mansour. The FC Zenit owner, Alexander Valeryevich Dyukov, is also a ridicously rich man. The owner of Anzhi Makhachkala is said to have more money than Chelsea's Abramovic.

How much any of them are willing to put into their football clubs is guesswork, though.

KippaxCitizen said:
pang said:
Our owner and psg owner who are much rich ? my first laungage is not englsih sorry ....
It's difficult to say how much either in has within it's spending power. Paris are owned by the Qatar Investment Authority which is a company set up from the government's actual Sovereign Wealth Fund to invest money into a variety of global businesses from surplus money the government makes from oil and gas. "QIA is estimated to hold in excess of $60 billion of assets, an amount that will significantly increase by 2011 as the state completes its expansion projects to become the world's largest liquefied natural gas exporter with 77 million tons output capacity."

The Abu Dhabi United Group for Develolment and Investment is not a sovereign wealth fund, it is a private equity company. This is different and is probably a much less lucrative company than Paris' owners. ADUG was the company that took us over but we are now 100% owned by HH Sheikh Mansour bin Zayed Al Nahyan, one man, with a a net worth of $17b. This is much less than QIA's funds.

To say we're the richest would probably be false.

The owner of Shakhtar Donetsk has around the same amount of net worth as Sheikh Mansour. The FC Zenit owner, Alexander Valeryevich Dyukov, is also a ridicously rich man. The owner of Anzhi Makhachkala is said to have more money than Chelsea's Abramovic.

How much any of them are willing to put into their football clubs is guesswork, though.
Thank you very much . By the way , don't you have any link ? about football owner

mancity dan said:
supercrystal7 said:
MillionDollarDream said:
PSG's squad is severely unbalanced. People talk about the gap in quality after our best XI, PSG's is even worse. I think some fans are just intimidated by the "bigger names" on paper vs how our squad actually stacks up. We are pretty even if not better than a PSG and play in a tougher league. Our midfield is better than theirs and they would have to deal with Aguero Negredo Silva and Navas or even Nasri while we really on have to worry about Ibrahimovic. Cavani more times than not comes off the bench or will play out of position in a 4-3-3 w/ Lavezzi, either way we can nullify those three.

The PSG team is very unbalanced, but it's not just bigger names, but they have better players too except for midfield. The City team is better put together, works better and I think would win. PSG still have quite good depth. Marquinhos, Lucas Moura, Menez, Pastore, Maxwell and Van der Weil are pretty good options to have on the bench.

If he is constantly on the bench get him over here. He would be excellent in our team.

He's constantly out of position which has led to his downfall, same way is starting to happen with Cavani. PSG change formations like we've changed our back four. At some points Pastore has been tucked in the midfield in almost a Yaya situation but behind Zlatan which takes away from his game so he gets frustrated disappears and is taken off after an hour. PSG' looks like Zlatan's Inter squad which he wasn't able to implement at Barça because of the culture and them wanting to move Messi to the forefront. PSG have depth for Ligue Un but on par with the top 6 ish of our league.

Hart > Sirigu
Zabaleta > Jallet
T.Silva > Kompany
Demichelis - Alex
Clichy > Digne
Yaya > Matuidi
Fernandinho > Motta
Nasri > Verratti
Silva > Lavezzi
Ibrahimovic > Negredo
Aguero - Cavani

7-2 in our favour with 2 ties. I think we're comfortably better man for man.

Still think they'd beat us over 2 legs if we went against their 3 man midfield with just Yaya and Fernandinho.

MillionDollarDream said:
mancity dan said:
supercrystal7 said:

He's constantly out of position which has led to his downfall, same way is starting to happen with Cavani. PSG change formations like we've changed our back four. At some points Pastore has been tucked in the midfield in almost a Yaya situation but behind Zlatan which takes away from his game so he gets frustrated disappears and is taken off after an hour. PSG' looks like Zlatan's Inter squad which he wasn't able to implement at Barça because of the culture and them wanting to move Messi to the forefront. PSG have depth for Ligue Un but on par with the top 6 ish of our league.
This is why I said they bought without any plan or structure and the team is badly put together. There is only so much any manager can do if he just has big names thrown at him. Cavani was not the striker to complement Zlatan and has often been shunted out wide.

I agree to a certain extent with Pastore, but then his effort has been poor and as you say has gone missing. He has been given more games than he deserves, because of his price tag.

-- Wed Nov 27, 2013 4:40 pm --

conormcfc said:
Hart > Sirigu
Zabaleta > Jallet
T.Silva > Kompany
Demichelis - Alex
Clichy > Digne
Yaya > Matuidi
Fernandinho > Motta
Nasri > Verratti
Silva > Lavezzi
Ibrahimovic > Negredo
Aguero - Cavani

Still think they'd beat us over 2 legs if we went against their 3 man midfield with just Yaya and Fernandinho.
Very selective comparisons and very biased. No way is Demichelis even close to Alex or Marquinhos for that matter.

As for Cavani, I have only really seen him for Uruguay and PSG. I only saw him a couple of times with Napoli so not in the best position to judge if he is better than Aguero, but he is better than Negredo and Zlatan is better than Aguero.

From what I have seen of Hart and Sirigu there is not much difference between them. Would also take Veratti over Nasri every time.

supercrystal7 said:
MillionDollarDream said:
mancity dan said:

This is why I said they bought without any plan or structure and the team is badly put together. There is only so much any manager can do if he just has big names thrown at him. Cavani was not the striker to complement Zlatan and has often been shunted out wide.

I agree to a certain extent with Pastore, but then his effort has been poor and as you say has gone missing. He has been given more games than he deserves, because of his price tag.

-- Wed Nov 27, 2013 4:40 pm --

conormcfc said:
Hart > Sirigu
Zabaleta > Jallet
T.Silva > Kompany
Demichelis - Alex
Clichy > Digne
Yaya > Matuidi
Fernandinho > Motta
Nasri > Verratti
Silva > Lavezzi
Ibrahimovic > Negredo
Aguero - Cavani

Very selective comparisons and very biased. No way is Demichelis even close to Alex or Marquinhos for that matter.

As for Cavani, I have only really seen him for Uruguay and PSG. I only saw him a couple of times with Napoli so not in the best position to judge if he is better than Aguero, but he is better than Negredo and Zlatan is better than Aguero.

From what I have seen of Hart and Sirigu there is not much difference between them. Would also take Veratti over Nasri every time.
Alex is far too error prone and positionally poor for me. Always ball watching, which is why they bought Marquinhos in the first place. Marquinhos is too raw at the moment, I'd take the experienced top level CB over him in my team at the moment.

They are different players Nasri and Verratti, but I'm certain that Nasri does a better job as a CM than Verratti does as an AM. With the difference in formation between the 2 teams you'll end up with a comparison like this that is difficult to really suss out.

PSG have 3 big players in Ibra/Cavani/Silva, after that their support cast isn't at the level of ours that surround Kompany/Yaya/Silva/Aguero in every area. Our depth is more talented and far more experienced, especially in the starting 11s.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.