Us v PSG

conormcfc said:
Alex is far too error prone and positionally poor for me. Always ball watching, which is why they bought Marquinhos in the first place. Marquinhos is too raw at the moment, I'd take the experienced top level CB over him in my team at the moment.

They are different players Nasri and Verratti, but I'm certain that Nasri does a better job as a CM than Verratti does as an AM. With the difference in formation between the 2 teams you'll end up with a comparison like this that is difficult to really suss out.

PSG have 3 big players in Ibra/Cavani/Silva, after that their support cast isn't at the level of ours that surround Kompany/Yaya/Silva/Aguero in every area. Our depth is more talented and far more experienced, especially in the starting 11s.
Alex for all his weaknesses is still incredible in the air and better than Demichelis.

I agree Nasri and Veratti are different, but your criteria for comparing the two is a strange one. Veratti is a very gifted central midfielder and capable of playing in a 2 man midfield. The problem is that when PSG try and play a Veratti/Motta partnership it leaves the wide positions for Moura, Lavezzi, Menez or Pastore and these guys don't track back at all. Instead of a 4-4-2 it becomes a 4-2-4 and they are terrible defensively. Actually it's very similar to the problem Hughes had. That's why they have to play an extra central midfielder to provide cover for the lazy strikers.

A supporting cast of Pastore, Menez(is going), Moura, Veratti, Lavezzi, Alex etc is pretty exceptional. You have more depth, but they have more than enough for the competitions they are in. As I said before their problem is that the players don't fit together or gel.

supercrystal7 said:
conormcfc said:
Alex is far too error prone and positionally poor for me. Always ball watching, which is why they bought Marquinhos in the first place. Marquinhos is too raw at the moment, I'd take the experienced top level CB over him in my team at the moment.

They are different players Nasri and Verratti, but I'm certain that Nasri does a better job as a CM than Verratti does as an AM. With the difference in formation between the 2 teams you'll end up with a comparison like this that is difficult to really suss out.

PSG have 3 big players in Ibra/Cavani/Silva, after that their support cast isn't at the level of ours that surround Kompany/Yaya/Silva/Aguero in every area. Our depth is more talented and far more experienced, especially in the starting 11s.
Alex for all his weaknesses is still incredible in the air and better than Demichelis.

I agree Nasri and Veratti are different, but your criteria for comparing the two is a strange one. Veratti is a very gifted central midfielder and capable of playing in a 2 man midfield. The problem is that when PSG try and play a Veratti/Motta partnership it leaves the wide positions for Moura, Lavezzi, Menez or Pastore and these guys don't track back at all. Instead of a 4-4-2 it becomes a 4-2-4 and they are terrible defensively. Actually it's very similar to the problem Hughes had. That's why they have to play an extra central midfielder to provide cover for the lazy strikers.

A supporting cast of Pastore, Menez(is going), Moura, Veratti, Lavezzi, Alex etc is pretty exceptional. You have more depth, but they have more than enough for the competitions they are in. As I said before their problem is that the players don't fit together or gel.
I disagree on Alex.

I've already said that it's hard to compare the 2 (Nasri/Verratti) because of how different their roles are. I just think that Nasri is marginally better at what he does and is also more versatile. I'm a fan of Verratti as well but it's really just a preference thing, you could argue either way really.

The problem with that supporting cast is that it's way too top ended and only a couple of them actually get in their best team. Then they're left with weaknesses in certain positions like Jallet/Digne/Motta. Our deficiencies aren't nearly as glaring and man for man I'll take our 11 over theirs all day. Play 4-4-2 against them though and we'll get overran as I've said.

conormcfc said:
supercrystal7 said:
conormcfc said:

I disagree on Alex.

I've already said that it's hard to compare the 2 (Nasri/Verratti) because of how different their roles are. I just think that Nasri is marginally better at what he does and is also more versatile. I'm a fan of Verratti as well but it's really just a preference thing, you could argue either way really.

The problem with that supporting cast is that it's way too top ended and only a couple of them actually get in their best team. Then they're left with weaknesses in certain positions like Jallet/Digne/Motta. Our deficiencies aren't nearly as glaring and man for man I'll take our 11 over theirs all day. Play 4-4-2 against them though and we'll get overran as I've said.
Motta is not a weakness. There is a reason he has been in two different champions league winning midfields. He is very good midfielder and is very good especially in a three man midfield.

I am not a fan of Jallet either, but Van der Weil has not been great either. Digne on the other hand is a decent young talent and they are bleeding him well.

Having a poorly put together team with no balance does not take away the quality of the players. Just, because Lavezzi, Moura and Pastore don't work together with Zlatan and Cavani does not make them any worse as players. It shows the director of football has made a has of building the team. This is why I have always thought City would win most of the time. unless there great players had a special day as could happen.

I also don't think City would be overwhelmed in midfield if they played 4-4-2 with Silva sometimes coming inside.

supercrystal7 said:
conormcfc said:
supercrystal7 said:

I disagree on Alex.

Motta is not a weakness. There is a reason he has been in two different champions league winning midfields. He is very good midfielder and is very good especially in a three man midfield.

I am not a fan of Jallet either, but Van der Weil has not been great either. Digne on the other hand is a decent young talent and they are bleeding him well.

Having a poorly put together team with no balance does not take away the quality of the players. Just, because Lavezzi, Moura and Pastore don't work together with Zlatan and Cavani does not make them any worse as players. It shows the director of football has made a has of building the team. This is why I have always thought City would win most of the time. unless there great players had a special day as could happen.

I also don't think City would be overwhelmed in midfield if they played 4-4-2 with Silva sometimes coming inside.
Gonna have to keep this short cos I'm leaving for the match in a minute.

I'm not necessarily calling Motta shit, but he's definitely not a top class player and struggles in comparison to someone like Fernandinho who he'd be up against.

Our fullbacks are better in a head to head. I don't think there's any doubt about that.

Lucas and Pastore don't get into their best team so I'm not going to consider them as supporting cast to their key players. They're currently impact players. When I say support cast I'm talking about players that surround the stars in the best 11.

Spurs overwhelmed us on Sunday for about half an hour after we went 1-0 up. I have no doubt that PSG would do the same as they did with that extra man.

conormcfc said:
supercrystal7 said:
conormcfc said:
I disagree on Alex.

Gonna have to keep this short cos I'm leaving for the match in a minute.

I'm not necessarily calling Motta shit, but he's definitely not a top class player and struggles in comparison to someone like Fernandinho who he'd be up against.

Our fullbacks are better in a head to head. I don't think there's any doubt about that.

Lucas and Pastore don't get into their best team so I'm not going to consider them as supporting cast to their key players. They're currently impact players. When I say support cast I'm talking about players that surround the stars in the best 11.

Spurs overwhelmed us on Sunday for about half an hour after we went 1-0 up. I have no doubt that PSG would do the same as they did with that extra man.
Okay enjoy the game and I hope you will get a good result.

I have been very impressed with Fernandinho, but I am yet to be convinced there is a big gap between him and Motta. Maybe I just rate Motta highly. Being able to get into the highly competitive Italian midfield supports this.

As for the Spurs game it's hard to say how much that was Tottenham actually overwhelming you or City just sitting back after the first goal to hit them on the counter. I think future matches will reveal to us more just what the City midfield is capable of. I think they would cope with most midfields in the world.

First I want to tell you that I 'm french and my English is very bad . To return to the person above who said that Motta is not a top player and he is worse than Fernandinho I just hope he laughs as Motta is what it does best in his position in Europe, he was the first player to LDC numbers of passes, and numbers of passes succeeded , the second is the third Verratti Busquets ... PSG is just behind Bayern and Barcelona to the classification of the number of passes.

In terms of recruitment, recruiting Paris much better than City, Thiago Silva and Zlatan Cavani are the best at their position in the world , PSG has a huge number of young cracks , Verratti Lucas Digne Pastore Marquinhos Rabiot Ogenda ...

Paris has not lost in the European Cup last defeat dates back to 2006. Paris has 35 games without defeat since 2012 all competitions combined ! Last year Paris is by eliminating the Champions Barcelona without losing a match. City has never crossed the first round LDC...

Hart - Sirigu
Van der Wiel > Zabaleta
T.Silva >>> Kompany
Alex > Demichelis
Maxwell - Clichy
Yaya > Matuidi
Motta >> Fernandinho
Verratti > Nasri and all PL
Silva > Lucas Moura
Ibrahimovic >>>> Negredo
Cavani > Aguero

If the current leaderboards does not change, Manchester City would have a one in four chance to face PSG in eighths.
Since it is likely that Manchester United, Arsenal and Chelsea end first, so it would remain only four teams in the draw: Paris, Real, Atletico and Barca.

City will be a real interest to beat Bayern and s' seize the first place to avoid such a situation. Otherwise, the LDC will end soon ...

ZLATANI said:
First I want to tell you that I 'm french and my English is very bad . To return to the person above who said that Motta is not a top player and he is worse than Fernandinho I just hope he laughs as Motta is what it does best in his position in Europe, he was the first player to LDC numbers of passes, and numbers of passes succeeded , the second is the third Verratti Busquets ... PSG is just behind Bayern and Barcelona to the classification of the number of passes.

In terms of recruitment, recruiting Paris much better than City, Thiago Silva and Zlatan Cavani are the best at their position in the world , PSG has a huge number of young cracks , Verratti Lucas Digne Pastore Marquinhos Rabiot Ogenda ...

Paris has not lost in the European Cup last defeat dates back to 2006. Paris has 35 games without defeat since 2012 all competitions combined ! Last year Paris is by eliminating the Champions Barcelona without losing a match. City has never crossed the first round LDC...

Hart - Sirigu
Van der Wiel > Zabaleta
T.Silva >>> Kompany
Alex > Demichelis
Maxwell - Clichy
Yaya > Matuidi
Motta >> Fernandinho
Verratti > Nasri and all PL
Silva > Lucas Moura
Ibrahimovic >>>> Negredo
Cavani > Aguero
You really think Motta is better than Fernandinho?
T.Silva better than Kompany?
VDW better than Zabaleta?

I wouldn't swap Aguero for Cavani either.

passes.jpg

Paris Saint-Germain after five days of group stage of the Champions League the team that makes the most passes (3915) according to official statistics of UEFA. The Paris Club ahead of Barca (3912) and Bayern (3889). I must say that Paris is in this area a Thiago Motta. The Italian international with 582 assists and a success rate of 90% is far ahead of everyone! In second place we find Xavi (509) and third place Marco Verratti (499 passes)

Fernandinho is far from the level of Thiago Motta, Even Verratti who is only 21 years has no equal in PL...
Aguerro Scoring 65 goals in the last four seasons in the league, 87 goals Cavani ... Not the same level !
Thiago Silva is the best defender in the world, Kompany ?
Zlatan No coment !
VDW 4 assists LDC Zabaletta ??

PSG IS A MONSTER IN EUROPE !

ZLATANI said:
passes.jpg

Paris Saint-Germain after five days of group stage of the Champions League the team that makes the most passes (3915) according to official statistics of UEFA. The Paris Club ahead of Barca (3912) and Bayern (3889). I must say that Paris is in this area a Thiago Motta. The Italian international with 582 assists and a success rate of 90% is far ahead of everyone! In second place we find Xavi (509) and third place Marco Verratti (499 passes)

Fernandinho is far from the level of Thiago Motta, Even Verratti who is only 21 years has no equal in PL...
Aguerro Scoring 65 goals in the last four seasons in the league, 87 goals Cavani ... Not the same level !
Thiago Silva is the best defender in the world, Kompany ?
Zlatan No coment !
VDW 4 assists LDC Zabaletta ??

PSG IS A MONSTER IN EUROPE !
Yeah sure

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.