Us

Chris in London

Fuck this.

Sunday was a bad result, yesterday was worse.

But for fucks sake, this is the time to show some fucking resolve.

I have just had a look at some of the threads on here. 'Have they bottled it'. 'Is the season a failure'. 'They earn too much money.' yadda yadda.

The title is probably beyond us. Liverpool and Chelsea both have to fuck it up. It is probably too much to hope that they will, though weirder things have happened in football. There is a bigger point, though. We are now being hit with a flood of criticism - the most highly paid squad in the universe and all they manage is the capital one cup. Chokers. About to be thrown to the wolves by UEFA.

We've had our 24 hours of self pity after yesterday. We've had our days of bitching about the referee on Sunday and the dippers in the media. Now is the time to put the words of the song into practice - you stand your ground, you never run.

Before the sheikh came, before we moved to this stadium, before we played in this years kit, before the premier league, there was still a Manchester City. Because Hull and Cardiff and Wimbledon and everyone else tell you one thing, and that is that the heart of a football club is its supporters. Us. Not the shirt, or the ground, or the name. Us.

So for my money it is time to ditch the self pity, ditch the whining, leave the post season analysis for the post season, and be blues. Stand up and be counted, show the cunts what Manchester City really is, and what it means and what it stands for.

Time for some backbone.

Chris in London said:
Fuck this.

Sunday was a bad result, yesterday was worse.

But for fucks sake, this is the time to show some fucking resolve.

I have just had a look at some of the threads on here. 'Have they bottled it'. 'Is the season a failure'. 'They earn too much money.' yadda yadda.

The title is probably beyond us. Liverpool and Chelsea both have to fuck it up. It is probably too much to hope that they will, though weirder things have happened in football. There is a bigger point, though. We are now being hit with a flood of criticism - the most highly paid squad in the universe and all they manage is the capital one cup. Chokers. About to be thrown to the wolves by UEFA.

We've had our 24 hours of self pity after yesterday. We've had our days of bitching about the referee on Sunday and the dippers in the media. Now is the time to put the words of the song into practice - you stand your ground, you never run.

Before the sheikh came, before we moved to this stadium, before we played in this years kit, before the premier league, there was still a Manchester City. Because Hull and Cardiff and Wimbledon and everyone else tell you one thing, and that is that the heart of a football club is its supporters. Us. Not the shirt, or the ground, or the name. Us.

So for my money it is time to ditch the self pity, ditch the whining, leave the post season analysis for the post season, and be blues. Stand up and be counted, show the cunts what Manchester City really is, and what it means and what it stands for.

Time for some backbone.

Hear fucking hear.

Agreed. We'll need some if were going to secure champs league.

Agreed Chris, i do admit now to having my gaze totally focused on what we do in summer and specifically who goes, if we are lackadaisical i can't help it i know my temper will fray bud.

I am keeping my spartan reserve for now, i wonder if i had not got used to us fucking everything up would i still hold it together atm, probably not.

Blue Til Death said:
This should have been pinned up in the dressing room last night and should be for the last 5 games.. Its the players that need a spine replacement not the fans.

Well we can't control what goes on in the dressing room, we can control what we do.

Whatever else needs to happen this season, we the fans need to show some fucking balls.

The women too.

Please feel free to use my mantra at every opportunity, as I do quite a lot on here!!:

THE BOYS IN BLUE NEVER GIVE IN, THEY FIGHT TO THE END!

I know it annoys some people but it's not going to stop me. Any more than the people who say if you sit down you can't sing & shout, I sit down because I can't stand for 90 minutes but I make more noise than a heck of a lot of people!!

Generalisations & tarring everyone with the same brush seems to be the norm but I always find if you treat people properly & as individuals they will reciprocate. JMHO

Chris in London said:
Blue Til Death said:
This should have been pinned up in the dressing room last night and should be for the last 5 games.. Its the players that need a spine replacement not the fans.

Well we can't control what goes on in the dressing room, we can control what we do.

Whatever else needs to happen this season, we the fans need to show some fucking balls.

The women too.

Eccles Blue said:
Please feel free to use my mantra at every opportunity, as I do quite a lot on here!!:

THE BOYS IN BLUE NEVER GIVE IN, THEY FIGHT TO THE END!

I know it annoys some people but it's not going to stop me. Any more than the people who say if you sit down you can't sing & shout, I sit down because I can't stand for 90 minutes but I make more noise than a heck of a lot of people!!

Generalisations & tarring everyone with the same brush seems to be the norm but I always find if you treat people properly & as individuals they will reciprocate. JMHO

Perfect timing :)

Chris in London said:
Blue Til Death said:

The women too.
At last some thing positive, when your on the ropes bite down and fight on.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.