USA 2014 Champions tournament

Booked two tickets for me and the missus for the first game in Pittsburgh. Will do the same for the game in New York mid March when they go on sale.

Then going to nip down To Vegas for a week or so before flying back for the start of the season, can't wait. Usually go Vegas in the summer for holiday anyway so this means can combine it all!!

aussie blake said:
Yankee Stadium roll call? I'm in!

I once said I'd never go back there but didn't factor in me being in NY when City play there!

Anyone got experience watching City or any other pre-season football in USA? Would I be right in assuming I don't need to stress about tickets anytime soon because I could get them on stubhub in any section I want if I'm willing to pay, as per MLS, MLB and everything else?

I'll be there, with several friends who are supporters of other clubs.

I'd recommend getting tickets when they go on sale. I'd expect the Scousers to have a sizeable following. Probably won't sell out, but you'll get better seats if you buy early.

I hope City smashes them like they did Chelski last year.

Listening to an interview with one of the coordinators of the tournament and he said that the expectations are that the events will sell out very quickly. Obviously some matches will go faster than others, but the one they keep bringing up is the City match in NY. They truly expect a sellout within 3-5 days of the tickets going on sale. While they can be purchased from various sties after the fact, most people will get a better seat and a better price if they buy quickly.

I have sent a message in to see how to sign up for the pre-sale list for that match, but I haven't yet heard anything. Hopefully I will.

If somebody wants to buy a ticket to the other matches, they can try to use my pre-sale code "DEFENSE" and buy tickets. Or as previously mentioned, by the ICC package deal and sit in the City section (nice seats too by the by).

City fan here from Cleveland making the trip to Pittsburgh. It'll be my first City match - been following the club since 96 (yes, Oasis fan) so I'm pretty excited. Hopefully a few of the A-squad players will be able to play.

If you're planning on spending Saturday night (July 27) in Pittsburgh, I highly suggest reserving a hotel room ASAP. A few weeks back when this match was (unofficially) announced I went to book a room only to find the hotels closest to the stadium COMPLETELY SOLD OUT. Turns out there is a big country star (Miranda Lambert?) playing PNC Park (the Pirates stadium, located directly next to Heinz Field) Saturday night. That concert is a sell-out (40K plus) and it appears many of those concert-goers have secured the local hotel rooms. I was able to get 2 rooms at the downtown Marriott - across the river and about 8 blocks away, but my guess is the few remaining hotel rooms within walking distance of the stadium will go quickly.

Our group will be hitting up some of the Southside establishments Saturday night - maybe we can get MCFC supporters to take over the Hofbrahaus so we can sing "We're not really here".

I'll bring the inflatable banana.

sput the wonder pig said:
For some reason I can't find any direct flights to New York from the uk for under 1000 !!!!

The summer is when all the Brits go to America on their hols hence the price rise.

Matt The Blue said:
For some reason I can't find any direct flights to New York from the uk for under 1000 !!!!

The summer is when all the Brits go to America on their hols hence the price rise.

Delta are selling flights from Manchester to NYC for £500ish, non direct mind, but convenient dates.

Be warned, last time I flew with them they weren't serving any alcohol in economy class, so last resort airline IMO.

Pince said:
Matt The Blue said:

Delta are selling flights from Manchester to NYC for £500ish, non direct mind, but convenient dates.

Be warned, last time I flew with them they weren't serving any alcohol in economy class, so last resort airline IMO.

What dates ???

Alert on my phone to buy tickets to the City game in NY is set, I went to the Chelsea friendly at Yankee Stadium last year when they announced NYCFC. Definitely going to buy the tickets through the ICC site, and sit in the City block. Who else will?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.