USA Commentators and WC 2018

"How" ESPN FC discovered a new word.

J4IIxEx.jpg

or... "how" Espn thinks you're too stupid to form thoughts of your own.

Last edited:
Fox, in its wisdom, decided not to show yesterday’s matches on the local channel. Luckily, there was a Spanish-language one we could watch them on, but we had the television muted.

Fortunately, today's games were on the local Fox station. In the studio, we had Ian Wright and Kelly Smith alongside Alexi Lalas, and as much as a twat as Lalas is, he defended Raheem in the face of Wright's constant moaning about how Rashford should be starting rather than Raz. Lalas said he had a fantastic game.

All Wright kept going on about was the fact that Sterling hasn’t scored for England.

Well, if idiots like you didn’t keep on about, maybe Raheem wouldn’t feel under so much pressure, and would relax and score.

Fox, in its wisdom, decided not to show yesterday’s matches on the local channel. Luckily, there was a Spanish-language one we could watch them on, but we had the television muted.

Fortunately, today's games were on the local Fox station. In the studio, we had Ian Wright and Kelly Smith alongside Alexi Lalas, and as much as a twat as Lalas is, he defended Raheem in the face of Wright's constant moaning about how Rashford should be starting rather than Raz. Lalas said he had a fantastic game.

All Wright kept going on about was the fact that Sterling hasn’t scored for England.

Well, if idiots like you didn’t keep on about, maybe Raheem wouldn’t feel under so much pressure, and would relax and score.
Meh...

Sterling stretched Sweden's defense and was a constant threat - but in position to score, failed to convert, time after time. Wright said that he'd likely pull Sterling for Rashford but that it was close given how often Sterling got into scoring positions.

Sterling is a frustrating player as this world cup evinces. For City, Sterling seems to be much more clinical in front of goal, either completing a killer pass or by scoring himself. Perhaps Sterling simply needs encouragement when he plays for England.

But I can sympathize with Wright's position.

Last edited:
Meh...

Sterling stretched Sweden's defense and was a constant threat - but in position to score, failed to convert, time after time. Wright said that he'd likely pull Sterling for Rashford but that it was close given how often Sterling got into scoring positions.

Sterling is a frustrating player as this world cup evinces. For City, Sterling seems to be much more clinical in front of goal, either completing a killer pass or by scoring himself. Perhaps Sterling simply needs encouragement when he plays for England.

But I can sympathize with Wright's position.

I think Raheem is now trying too hard to score because of the pressure he’s been put under by pundits getting on his back.

As I’ve said earlier, but maybe not in this thread, at City, Sterling has teammates, who are either as quick of foot as he is or much quicker mentally than his England teammates. It makes life so much easier when you have Merlin Dinho and KdB supplying you, rather Dele Alli Jordan Henderson or that fucking weasel Lingard.

I think Raheem is now trying too hard to score because of the pressure he’s been put under by pundits getting on his back.

As I’ve said earlier, but maybe not in this thread, at City, Sterling has teammates, who are either as quick of foot as he is or much quicker mentally than his England teammates. It makes life so much easier when you have Merlin Dinho and KdB supplying you, rather Dele Alli Jordan Henderson or that fucking weasel Lingard.

Absolutely agree with this.

Seen the lad make plenty of start off runs, only not to receive the pass, so has changed his game to come deeper to link up/ create the play.

I would be frustrated if I were him.

I stopped watching the Fox broadcasts because I became tired of listening to that woman.
I thought she was alright at first but then she started saying deeefence and interior (I don't know what that is).
The English bloke doing the England/Sweden match yesterday sounded like he had just been dug up.

I stopped watching the Fox broadcasts because I became tired of listening to that woman.
I thought she was alright at first but then she started saying deeefence and interior (I don't know what that is).
The English bloke doing the England/Sweden match yesterday sounded like he had just been dug up.

It’s Derek Rae; he works for BT.

And he’s Scottish.

I’m always amused to be honest when people get a bit precious over dialectical difference.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.