Used to date a girl but she friendzoned me

I had a few interesting dates last year after a long term split. Found it helped enormously at the time, but never really settled (despite almost falling for someone so incredibly beautiful...). Not sure I was fully ready tbf so stopped all that 'nonsense' now...worked on myself and tried to be far more happier in my own skin. Sex aside, I don't really miss that kind of company at the moment...is that odd?
Whatever floats your boat.

I had a few interesting dates last year after a long term split. Found it helped enormously at the time, but never really settled (despite almost falling for someone so incredibly beautiful...). Not sure I was fully ready tbf so stopped all that 'nonsense' now...worked on myself and tried to be far more happier in my own skin. Sex aside, I don't really miss that kind of company at the moment...is that odd?

Not if your name is @Stoned Rose

Nope!

I’ve had long stretches of time being single. I always find I’m more comfortable, more confident, more chilled out and happier when I’m single. I spend more time on myself, doing/watching/listening to things I want to. Don’t have to spend Sunday afternoons with people I don’t want to. Come and go as I please with nobody to think about or have to tell what I’m doing and when I’ll be in, or worse how I spend my money and how much I drink.

Relationships seem to drag me down, make me feel trapped, but also I lose confidence in myself and feel miserable. And sometimes you don’t realise that until the relationship ends. It’s liberating when it dawns on you that the relationship you’ve just come out of was making you miserable and was the cause of all the ills in your life. Now is when you can work on that and be happy!

And not having to be forced to like her mates and family who you often have to spend time with when you don’t want to, gives you a freedom to spend some time on your own. Time spent on your own is the best time a person can have. Just go somewhere nice and sit there on your own, thinking. It’s a form of meditation and is good for you.

My problem is that I don’t think like “normal” people. It’s like the population is brainwashed and conditioned to thinking and being a certain way. The expectations of society. So I don’t fit in with most girls’ ideals of normal life.

“Well that’s what normal people do in a normal relationship!”

As soon as I hear those words, I know it’s over! Haha

Nope. Be comfortable in your own skin and then whatever will be will be, (that's que sera sera in French in case you weren't certain).
Edit; just seen @Psychedelic Casual 's post and should add that your partner has to like who you are rather than you change to bend to their will. If you are an arse then good luck but either way be true to yourself.
Also should you find the partner of your dreams please post pics so we are better able to advise you further.
Bon chance mon ami; (that's Latin in case you were unsure)

Nope!

I’ve had long stretches of time being single. I always find I’m more comfortable, more confident, more chilled out and happier when I’m single. I spend more time on myself, doing/watching/listening to things I want to. Don’t have to spend Sunday afternoons with people I don’t want to. Come and go as I please with nobody to think about or have to tell what I’m doing and when I’ll be in, or worse how I spend my money and how much I drink.

Relationships seem to drag me down, make me feel trapped, but also I lose confidence in myself and feel miserable. And sometimes you don’t realise that until the relationship ends. It’s liberating when it dawns on you that the relationship you’ve just come out of was making you miserable and was the cause of all the ills in your life. Now is when you can work on that and be happy!

And not having to be forced to like her mates and family who you often have to spend time with when you don’t want to, gives you a freedom to spend some time on your own. Time spent on your own is the best time a person can have. Just go somewhere nice and sit there on your own, thinking. It’s a form of meditation and is good for you.

My problem is that I don’t think like “normal” people. It’s like the population is brainwashed and conditioned to thinking and being a certain way. The expectations of society. So I don’t fit in with most girls’ ideals of normal life.

Have you ever considered buying the woman in your life a 65’ Smart TV?

Nope!

Money shouldn’t matter if you’re in love. I’d certainly not buy her a TV if she asked me to. I’d buy her one if I wanted to.

I’d like a life partner but, as you get older, they get more baggage and become more difficult.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.