Valencia in for Negredo?

Status
Not open for further replies.
FanchesterCity said:
My understanding is that we will be judged on our 'Net Transfer Position' which (in theory) means any transfer or commitment to transfer / payment - however far in the future, However, this isn't a transfer YET, it's a loan, and whilst Valencia might have committed to buy, we might not have committed to sell. If that's the case, there's no legal net transfer is there? That only happens when we actually commit to the transfer (regardless of when payment happens).

Of course, I'm not privvy to the contract so it's hard to know for sure.

I'm no expert, but I don't see how UEFA can have their cake and eat it. If a loan deal with an obligation to buy counts as current expenditure for the buying club, then they surely can't say the selling club haven't received that money until it's paid. I'd have thought that legally that might leave them in a precarious position were somebody to challenge it.

Been tracking this thread all night (admittedly along with others), but I'm posting mainly to say thanks to Alf for the part he played last season. Scored my personal favourite goal last season with that exquisite turn and shot against Spurs at home. Even got his name plastered on last years home shirt (first I've bought since 08/09). what a dick move that was in hindsight eh?

About the transfer, I'm pretty chuffed at the fee we managed to get for him (and what we have been managing to get for all our other outgoings - credit txiki) considering he's 30. We say 'I'm sure the back room know what they are doing' as an insurance policy on most cases, but they've rarely been wrong and I'm sure they'll already be looking at possible targets to secure in Jan if we are looking like we are going to struggle in the latter half of the season.

Anyway, all the best Alf. Tear it up in Spain!

From an economic standpoint, this is one of the best sales in City history. £24m, a considerable profit, for a player who turns 30 next year. That's the same figure Van Persie went for at a younger age.

From a sporting standpoint, this weakens our squad. Absolutely no doubt about it. And that's unlike an ambitious club like City where it's all about improvement and evolution. This probably means Negredo has forced his way out because of unhappiness with life in Manchester, so not something the club could entirely control.

gordondaviesmoustache said:
Apologies if already pointed out, but it's just occurred (and correct me if i'm wrong) but £24 million is a club record fir a player sale.

That's some going for a 30 year old, whose career has been on the (possibly temporary) decline for the last nine months.

Ye good spot mate previous was 21m for SWP? Makes it sound much better.

citytill1die84 said:
gordondaviesmoustache said:
Apologies if already pointed out, but it's just occurred (and correct me if i'm wrong) but £24 million is a club record fir a player sale.

That's some going for a 30 year old, whose career has been on the (possibly temporary) decline for the last nine months.

Ye good spot mate previous was 21m for SWP? Makes it sound much better.
I think it was 22m for Robinho followed by 21m for Shaun, pal.

Does anybody have any idea on the add-ons that were in the deal last summer? Sure I saw that it was £16million raising to £24million.

Makes me wonder if txiki is banking that 24 mil for next summer transfer window to count against the penalties and buying a big get.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.