Valencia in for Negredo?

Status
Not open for further replies.
We just have to hope Jovetic finally shows what a player he is, and all the goals were scored by Negredo will be replaced by the ones Jovetic will score this season. He had a great pre season, looks fit, hopefully he wont break down and starts that injury-series again.

There were two Negredo, the one after and before January. He was unhappy at the lack of chances he got in the run in, also not settled well, his family was maybe crying everyday over English breakfast and weather...
Also bad injury in pre season with facing the chance of a CL squad miss for him and becoming a 4th striker.

For him this move made so much sense. We got a very good offer for sure. Even 18m would have been good.

Change to a 1 striker formation is very possible now, at home vs weaker teams we still will go with two but away from home vs teams that are not ready to really come at us its gonna be what we will try in CL too.

We aren't stupid, if we thought we were going to need him we'd have kept him.

I would guess we are going to be using a 4-5-1 more often this season.

In any case, £20m+ for an out -of-form 29 year old who wouldn't have made our CL squad is too good to turn down.

Wont happen
Dont know if I want it to happen
but man I would have a piss if we bought falcao out right at the end of the season.

Alvaro Negredo to Valencia for £24m (next summer) + £2m loan fee (now). Valencia have signed up to buy him next summer (An obligation according to the Valencia web site not an option)
<a class="postlink" href="http://en.valenciacf.com/ver/37002/official-vcf-announcement---alvaro-negredo.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://en.valenciacf.com/ver/37002/offi ... gredo.html</a>

Spit on this.
Love the guy to bits but...
1. He is 29. So it's a damn good deal.
2. The stories have been circulating for yonks about his wife being extremely homesick. There is no smoke without fire - so I think it shows we do care about our players.

Good luck fella.
He scored my favourite goal against Spurs at home last season.
Beast...................................

John Wayne said:
Idontpullout said:
Maybe Pellegrini rates Kelechi Iheanacho more than we think. will be interesting to see when he comes in.

Rated very highly by all accounts, but aren't there work permit issues?
Not sure, i thought they were just waiting until his 18th birthday before he could officially sign.

Bottomless_Sailor said:
We aren't stupid, if we thought we were going to need him we'd have kept him.

I would guess we are going to be using a 4-5-1 more often this season.

In any case, £20m+ for an out -of-form 29 year old who wouldn't have made our CL squad is too good to turn down.

We made a little profit on Negredo which is decent considering the circumstances you pointed out.

We played most of last season with 3 strikers and sometimes 2 when Aguero and Jovetic were both out, so we should be fine, hopefully!

They key to our season is keeping our spine fit for most of the season if not all of it and hope we get goals from the midfielders and defenders to match their tally from last season.

For all the quality we had up front last season it was Yaya who scored the most in the league for us, he needs to replicate last season to the best he can because in my opinion he is the key!

PNWBlue said:
Makes me wonder if txiki is banking that 24 mil for next summer transfer window to count against the penalties and buying a big get.

Reckon it's nailed on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.