Valencia

Stayed there night before semi v Madrid. Railway Stations x 2 very close together. Overall a nice town. Didn't see the beach unfortunately. Constantly pestered to go into 'Gentlemen's Clubs' Beer was reasonably cheap even in the token Irish pubs. Good luck

Great city. Get down to the beach; there's a long strip of restaurants and bars down there where you can pass a few hours.

The City of Arts & Sciences is well worth a visit. Some incredible buildings down there. The walk down the old river that's now a park is a good way to get around while seeing things.

Can't remember any specific places for the evening, but we just walked around the old town and the El Carmen neighbourhood at night and there were decent bars/restaurants round every corner. Plaza del Carmen and Plaza del Negrito ring a bell.

Great city. Get down to the beach; there's a long strip of restaurants and bars down there where you can pass a few hours.

The City of Arts & Sciences is well worth a visit. Some incredible buildings down there. The walk down the old river that's now a park is a good way to get around while seeing things.

Can't remember any specific places for the evening, but we just walked around the old town and the El Carmen neighbourhood at night and there were decent bars/restaurants round every corner. Plaza del Carmen and Plaza del Negrito ring a bell.

Cheers we are staying next to the old river bed so should be handy. I think we are close to an aquarium with dolphins!!

Love the place! Spent three weeks there last year and one week this year. You MUST rent a bicycle and cycle along the Turia River Gardens (the old river bed which has been converted into a public park.) You'll be blown away once you reach the City of Arts and Sciences. It's out of this world! You can book onto a tour of the Mestalla which I recommend even though I support the other team, Levante UD. As far as I know Levante don't do tours. Anyway, back to the old river, it's a great idea and much-loved by Valencians. It's a brilliant public space.
The beach area is huge and I recommend booking a table at one of the beach side restaurants down the far end of the beach (not the end near the big flags) and troughing a seafood paella. Valencia is the home of paella and the beach restaurants do it the best.
It's the best city in Spain. The Holy Grail is even in the cathedral. Allegedly.
You're going to love it!

Cheers we are staying next to the old river bed so should be handy. I think we are close to an aquarium with dolphins!!
Just checked and we stayed right by the Central Market in Ciutat Vella (Placa de Lope de Vega to be precise). Google it and you'll see that there's little bars and restaurants in every direction round that part of town.

Use the tram/metro to get down to the beach. It's really handy and drops you off near the bars/restaurants that JOGAMIGMOG mentioned.

Love the place! Spent three weeks there last year and one week this year. You MUST rent a bicycle and cycle along the Turia River Gardens (the old river bed which has been converted into a public park.) You'll be blown away once you reach the City of Arts and Sciences. It's out of this world! You can book onto a tour of the Mestalla which I recommend even though I support the other team, Levante UD. As far as I know Levante don't do tours. Anyway, back to the old river, it's a great idea and much-loved by Valencians. It's a brilliant public space.
The beach area is huge and I recommend booking a table at one of the beach side restaurants down the far end of the beach (not the end near the big flags) and troughing a seafood paella. Valencia is the home of paella and the beach restaurants do it the best.
It's the best city in Spain. The Holy Grail is even in the cathedral. Allegedly.
You're going to love it!

Thanks .. I'm getting excited now
What league are Levante in?

Just checked and still in top league .. were hoping they might be playing despite it being an international weekend

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.