Valentin Barco

From the Buenos Aires Times: "Apparently keen to follow in the footsteps of Alexis Mac Allister, Moisés Caicedo and Facundo Buonanotte, Barco had been pushing hard for Boca to accept the Seagulls' overtures; but, in the absence of a deal between clubs, he is now set to move for the full sum of his release clause, some US$10 million and, perhaps ominously, with no sell-on percentage included."

Barco is a very different player from Estupinan.

Tim Vickery thinks Barco is going to play in an attacking position at Brighton, as a left winger. He could very well be molded into a Mitoma type of player, rather than a standard LB, cover for Estupinan.

Tim Vickery told everyone that Chelsea had a much better player in Oscar, than we did in Fernandinho....the blokes a total clown!! Being a journalist who lives and/or works in South America, doesn't make him a "South American football expert" talksport/sky are full of these self proclaimed "experts" on different Leagues, spouting nonsense.

Tim Vickery told everyone that Chelsea had a much better player in Oscar, than we did in Fernandinho....the blokes a total clown!! Being a journalist who lives and/or works in South America, doesn't make him a "South American football expert" talksport/sky are full of these self proclaimed "experts" on different Leagues, spouting nonsense.

It looks like you are attacking the guy without knowing how Barco was playing. If you care to look at his playing record and analysis, it is obvious that he's been playing more and more in an attacking position on the left.

He is , and I bollocked him with an email after listening to his insane ramblings on 5 live about why City aren't being punished over FFP

I think the comparison he made was with Paulinho who Spurs signed in the same summer. He called it completely wrong.

It looks like you are attacking the guy without knowing how Barco was playing. If you care to look at his playing record and analysis, it is obvious that he's been playing more and more in an attacking position on the left.
I have watched him a good few times, and yes he was pushed forward, because of his lack of pace but his good crossing, he is better than Gomez but what does that prove, when he is a fourth place reserve, who is not good enough for the PL. Barco is good enough for a bottom 10 team, anything else he will be a reserve, we can not afford anymore players who can not challenge for a first team spot.

I have watched him a good few times, and yes he was pushed forward, because of his lack of pace but his good crossing, he is better than Gomez but what does that prove, when he is a fourth place reserve, who is not good enough for the PL. Barco is good enough for a bottom 10 team, anything else he will be a reserve, we can not afford anymore players who can not challenge for a first team spot.

I'm by no means suggesting we should have got him. LOL. I don't know why you've jumped to the conclusion that somehow I was criticizing us for failing to get him. As for his potential, he may well be loaned out by Brighton as well. We'll see how he fares in the future.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.